Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 8 - XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Design in Freedom
Article - Open Access.
Towards an Intelligent Architecture: Creating Adaptive Building Systems for Inhabitation
Existing typologies of emergency housing rely heavily on conventional designs, materials and labor-intensive construction methodologies, which in post-disaster environments place large amounts of strain on the surrounding communities, material manufacturers and finan- cial systems. With ever more unpredictable environmental conditions, should our new housing prototypes not also have the ability to simultaneously adapt to rapidly changing environmental conditions? This paper investigates the potential of developing a new typology of rapidly deployable emergency housing prototypes through the creation of a system which relies on embedded design intelligence, advanced fabrication and adaptable systems, rather than attempting to make existing building systems smarter.
Palavras-chave: Adaptable, Housing, Skin, Robotics, Pneumatic,
-  Baldwin, C.Y. Andamp; Clark, K.B. (2000). Design Rules, Vol.1: The Power of Modularity. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
-  Bangle, C. (2008). BMW group: Gina Light Vision Model. Pasajes de arquitecturea y critica. No. 101, p.3
-  Barlow, J. Andamp; Ritsuko, O. (2005). Building mass customized housing through innovation in the production system: Lessons from Japan. Environment and Planning, A37(1), 9-20.
-  Biloria, N. Andamp; Sumini, V. (2009). Performative building skin systems: A morphogenomic approach towards developing real-time adaptive buildings skin systems. International Journal of Architectural Computing, Vol..7 no. 4, 643-676.
-  Cardoso, D., Michaud, D. Andamp; Sass, L. (2007). Soft Façade: Steps into the definition of responsive ETFE façade for high-rise buildings. “Predicting the future”, 25th eCAADe conference proceedings, 567-573.
-  Furuse, J Andamp; Katano, M. (2006). Structuring of Sekisui HEIM automated parts pickup system (HAPPS) to process indivisual floor plans. The 23rd International Symposium of Automation and Robotics in Construction 2006, 352-35
-  Gramazio, F., Andamp; Kohler, M. (2014). Made by Robots: Challenging Architecture at the Large Scale, AD Wiley.
-  Gross, J. Andamp; Green, K.E. (2012). Architectural robotics inevitably. Interactions. Volume XIX.1, N.Y.
-  Hensel, M., Menges, A. Andamp; Weinstock, M. (2010). Emergent Technologies and Design. NY: Routledge.
-  Khoo, C.K. Andamp; Salim, F. (2013). Responsive Materiality for morphing architectural skins. Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Conference of the Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA), 243-252.
-  Kieran, S. Andamp; Timberlake, J. (2004). Refabricating Architecture. N.Y.: McGraw Hill.
-  Lienhard, J., Schleicher, S., Poppinga, S., Masselter, T., Milwich,
-  M., Speck, T., Andamp; Knippers, J. (2011). Flectofin: a hinge-less flapping mechanism inspired by nature. Biomim. 6, 045001.
-  Partridge, K. (2010). Robotics. The Reference Shelf. Volume 81, N.Y.
-  Piroozfar, A.E.P Andamp; Piller, F.T (2013). Mass Customisation and Personalisation in Architecture and Construction. N.Y, N.Y: Routledge.
-  Sach, E. (2008). Synthesis of Form, Structure and Materials: Design for a Form-Optimized Lightweight Membrane Construction, Silicon + Skin: Biological Processes and Computation. Proceedings of the 28th Annual Conference of the Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA), Minneapolis, MI, 200-207.
-  Silver, M. (2013). Off-road City. ACADIA 13: Adaptive Architecture. Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Conference of the Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA), Cambridge, Ontario, Canada, 445-446.
Wit, Andrew John; "Towards an Intelligent Architecture: Creating Adaptive Building Systems for Inhabitation", p. 328-332 . In: Proceedings of the XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Design in Freedom [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.8].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2014-0065
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação