Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
TOPOLOGY OPTIMIZATION OF COMPLIANT MECHANISM DESIGN WITH STATIONARY FLUID-STRUCTURE INTERACTION
This paper outlines a new procedure for topology optimization in the steady-state fluid-structure interaction (FSI) problem. A review of current topology optimization methods highlights the difficulties in alternating between the two distinct sets of governing equations for fluid and structure dynamics (hereafter, the fluid and structural equations, respectively) and in imposing coupling boundary conditions between the separated fluid and solid domains. To overcome these difficulties, we propose an alternative monolithic procedure employing a unified domain rather than separated domains, which is not computationally efficient. In the proposed analysis procedure, the spatial differential operator of the fluid and structural equations for a deformed configuration is transformed into that for an undeformed configuration with the help of the deformation gradient tensor. For the coupling boundary conditions, the divergence of the pressure and the Darcy damping force are inserted to the solid and fluid equations, respectively. The proposed method is validated in several benchmark analysis problems. Topology optimization in the FSI problem is then made possible by interpolating Young’s modulus, the fluid pressure of the modified solid equation, and the inverse permeability from the damping force with respect to the design variables.
Palavras-chave: Topology optimization, topology optimization, fluid-structure interaction, monolithic approach,
-  Bendsøe M. P., Sigmund O., “Topology Optimization Theory Methods and Application”. Springer-Verlag. 2003.
-  Yoon G.H., “Topology optimization for stationary fluid-structure interaction problems using a new monolithic formulation”. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering , 82,591-616, 2010.
-  Yoon G. H., “Topological layout design of electro-thermal-compliant actuator.” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering ,209-212,28-44, 2012.
-  Yoon G. H., “Monolithic fluid-structure interaction analysis for topological compliant mechanism design”, in review.
-  Andreasen C., Sigmund O., “Saturated poroelastic actuators generated by topology optimization.” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization 43,693-706, 2011.
-  Kreissl S., Pingen G., Evgrafov A., Maute K., “Topology Optimization of Flexible Micro-Fluidic Devices.” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 42(4):495-516, 2010.
Yoon, G. H.; "TOPOLOGY OPTIMIZATION OF COMPLIANT MECHANISM DESIGN WITH STATIONARY FLUID-STRUCTURE INTERACTION", p. 1223-1227 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18304
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação