Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
TOPOLOGY AND SHAPE OPTIMIZATION OF A MOUNT LINK CONSIDERING LOCAL MICROSTRUCTURE-DEPENDENT FATIGUE PROPERTIES OBTAINED FROM FORMING SIMULATIONS
In times of increasing costs for energy and natural resources together with the aim of getting environmental pollution under control, light weight design is of paramount importance today. Light weight design always goes along with the best possible knowledge of the used material’s behavior, the influencing boundary and environmental conditions as well as the loading in service to ensure the component’s fitness for purpose. As an example of lightweight design the dimensioning and fatigue lifetime evaluation of a hot forged Ti-6-4 aerospace engine mount link shall be considered in what follows. In the first step, a topology and shape optimization is used for stress minimization. Two design proposals are retained; one having maximum fatigue life, the other having least weight. In the next step, the optimized geometries as well as the original mount link are analyzed in a finite element (FE) simulation to get the stress results in each node. The fatigue lifetime estimation is performed by means of a special purpose post-processor taking into account the influence of the local microstructure as obtained from the forming simulation. These data are used to compare weight and fatigue lifetime of the original and the optimized geometries. Finally, the optimized components are manufactured and tested to verify the computational method.
Palavras-chave: Topology optimization, shape optimization, fatigue, Ti-6-4,
-  European Aviation Security Agency, Certification Specifications for Large Aeroplanes (CS-25), Subpart C Amendment 5, 2008
-  http://www.techcomp.at
-  May S., Titanium Fitting investigation, Report Nr. CIV09/077/01, Stainz, October 2009
-  Oberwinkler B., Fatigue-Proof and Damage Tolerant Lightweight Design of Ti-6Al-4V Forgings, Doctoral Thesis, Montanuniversität Leoben, April 2010
-  Schütz D.; Lowak H.; de Jonge J.B.; Schijve J.: Standardisierter Einzelflug- Belastungsablauf für Schwingfestigkeitsversuche an Tragflächenbauteilen von Transportflugzeugen. LBF-Bericht Nr. FB-106 (1973)
-  Wagner C.: Konstruktion und Optimierung einer Flugzeug-Triebwerksaufhängung (Design and optimization of an aircraft engine mount link), Project Work Report, Montanuniversität Leoben, February 2012
Maderbacher, H.; Wagner, C.; Oberwinkler, B.; Gänser, H.-P.; Riedler, M.; "TOPOLOGY AND SHAPE OPTIMIZATION OF A MOUNT LINK CONSIDERING LOCAL MICROSTRUCTURE-DEPENDENT FATIGUE PROPERTIES OBTAINED FROM FORMING SIMULATIONS", p. 2220-2230 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18748
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação