dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 7 - XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Knowledge-based Design
Article - Open Access.
The Role of Functional Requirements in Multidisciplinary Design: The Case of Application of Photovoltaic Systems to Buildings
The paper presents a model-based methodology to support multidisciplinary collaboration for the application of photovoltaic systems to buildings. It focuses on the representation of domain specific knowledge necessary for the design of novel PV racking and mounting structures, based on principles of multi-functionality and functional integration. The proposed representation is based on a language for modeling functional requirements in terms of causal behaviors. These behavioral models provide common ground not only for multidisciplinary design, but also for the elaboration of performance metrics and verification procedures for evaluation of design alternatives. The paper concludes with a discussion on the potential of Model-based approach to support innovation in Design.
Palavras-chave: Knowledge representation, Functional requirement, Model-based systems Integration, Multidisciplinary design, Solar energy,
-  International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), Systems Engineering Vision 2020, Version 2.03, TP-2004-004-02, 2007.
-  Goodman, J., Caravati, K., Andamp; Kirby, E. (2011). System Life Cycle Evaluation, SliCE SM, for Green Building Technologies. Strengthening the Green Foundation - Research and Policy Directions for Development and Finance, Atlanta.
-  Pahl, G., Andamp; Beitz, W. (1996). Engineering design : a systematic approach. London: Springer.
-  Qamar, A., Paredis, C. J. J., Wikander, J., Andamp; During, C. (2012). Dependency Modeling and Model Management in Mechatronic Design. Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, 12(4), 041009- 041009.
-  Schamai, W., Helle, P., Fritzson, P., Andamp; Paredis, C. J. (2011). Virtual Verification of System Designs against System Requirements. In J. Dingel Andamp; A. Solberg (Eds.), Models in Software Engineering (Vol. 6627, pp. 75-89): Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
Cavieres, Andrés; Goodman, Joseph; "The Role of Functional Requirements in Multidisciplinary Design: The Case of Application of Photovoltaic Systems to Buildings", p. 333-337 . In: Proceedings of the XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Knowledge-based Design [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.7].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2013-0063
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação