Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
THE INFLUENCE OF INTERNAL RESONANCES ON THE DYNAMICS OF FLUIDFILLED CYLINDRICAL SHELLS
Cylindrical shells exhibit a dense frequency spectrum, especially near the lowest frequency range. In addition, due to the circumferential symmetry, frequencies occur in pairs. So, in the vicinity of the lowest natural frequencies, several equal or nearly equal frequencies may occur, leading to a complex dynamic behavior. The aim of this paper is to investigate the influence of these internal resonances on the nonlinear dynamics and instabilities of axially loaded fluid-filled cylindrical shells. For this, a modal solution that takes into account the modal interaction among the relevant modes and satisfies the boundary and continuity conditions of the shell is derived. The shell is modeled using the Donnell nonlinear shallow shell theory and the discretized equations of motion are obtained by applying the Galerkin method. The shell is assumed to be completely filled with a dense fluid. The fluid is assumed to be incompressible and non-viscous and its irrotational motion is described by a velocity potential that satisfies the Laplace equation and relevant boundary and continuity conditions. Solving numerically the governing equations of motion, a detailed parametric analysis is conducted to clarify the influence of the internal resonances on the bifurcations, stability boundaries and nonlinear vibration modes.
Palavras-chave: Cylindrical shells, modal interaction, fluid-filled, nonlinear analysis,
-  Chu, H.N., “Influence of large amplitudes on flexural vibrations of a thin circular cylindrical shells”. Journal of Aerospace Science 28, 302-309, 196
-  Nowinski, J.L., “Nonlinear transverse vibration of orthotropic cylindrical shells”. AIAA Journal 1, 617-620, 1963.
-  Evensen, D.A., “Some observations on the nonlinear vibration of thin cylindrical shells”. AIAA Journal 1, 2857-2858, 196
-  Evensen, D.A., “Nonlinear flexural vibrations of thin-walled circular cylinders”. NASA TN D-4090, 1967.
-  Olson, M.D., “Some experimental observations on the nonlinear vibrations of cylindrical shells”. AIAA Journal 3, 1775-1777, 196
-  Dowell, E.H. and Ventres, C.S., “Modal equations for the nonlinear flexural vibrations of a cylindrical shells”. International Journal of Solids and Structures 4, 2857-2858, 1968.
-  Atluri, S., “A perturbation analysis of nonlinear free flexural vibrations of a circular cylindrical shell”. International Journal of Solids and Structures 8, 549-569, 1972.
-  Chen, J.C. and Babcock, C.D., “Nonlinear vibration of cylindrical shells”. AIAA Journal 13, 868-876, 1975.
-  Amabili, M. and Païdoussis, M.P., “Review of studies on geometrically nonlinear vibrations and dynamics of circular cylindrical shells and panels, with and without fluidstructure interaction”. Applied Mechanics Reviews 56, 655-699, 2003.
-  Varadan, T.K., Prathap, G. and Ramani, H.V., “Nonlinear free flexural vibration of thin circular cylindrical shells”. AIAA Journal 27, 1303-1304, 1989.
-  Hunt, G.W., Williams, K.A.J. and Cowell, R.G., “Hidden symmetry concepts in the elastic buckling of axially loaded cylinders”. International Journal of Solid and Structures 22, 1501-1515, 1986.
-  Gonçalves, P. B.; Del Prado, Z. J. G. N., “Effect of non-linear modal interaction on the dynamic instability of axially excited cylindrical shells”. Computers and Structures 82, 2621-2634, 2004.
-  Gonçalves, P.B., Del Prado, Z.J.G.N., “Low-dimensional Galerkin model for nonlinear vibration and instability analysis of cylindrical shells”. Nonlinear Dynamics 41, 129-145, 2005.
-  Gonçalves, P.B. and Batista, R.C., “Nonlinear vibration analysis of fluid-filled cylindrical shells”. Journal of Sound and Vibration 127, 133-143, 1988.
-  Gonçalves, P.B., Silva, F.M.A., Del Prado, Z.J.G.N. “Low-dimensional models for the nonlinear vibration analysis of cylindrical shells based on a perturbation procedure and proper orthogonal decomposition”. Journal of Sound and Vibration 315, 641-663, 2008.
-  Silva, F.M.A., Gonçalves, P.B., Del Prado, Z.J.G.N., “An alternative procedure for the non-linear vibration analysis of fluid-filled cylindrical shells”. Nonlinear Dynamics 66, 303-333, 2011.
-  Kim, Y-W, Lee, Y-S, Ko, S-H., “Coupled Vibration of Partially Fluid-Filled Cylindrical Shells with Ring Stiffeners”. Journal of Sound and Vibration 276, 869-897, 2004.
-  Amabili, M., Païdoussis, M.P., Lakis, A.A., “Vibrations of Partially Filled Cylindrical Tanks with Ring-Stiffeners and Flexible Bottom”. Journal of Sound and Vibration 213, 259-299, 1998.
-  Gonçalves, P.B., Del Prado, Z.J.G.N., “Nonlinear oscilations and stability of parametrically excited cylindrical shells”. Meccanica 37, 569-597, 2002.
-  Amabili, M., Non-linear vibrations and stability of shells and plates, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2008.
-  Bolotin VV., The dynamic stability of elastic systems. San Francisco: Holden-Day; 1964.
Silva, F. M. A.; Gonçalves, P. B.; Prado, Z. J. G. N. Del; "THE INFLUENCE OF INTERNAL RESONANCES ON THE DYNAMICS OF FLUIDFILLED CYLINDRICAL SHELLS", p. 4879-4894 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-20137
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação