dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 4 - 11º Congresso Brasileiro de Pesquisa e Desenvolvimento em Design
Artigo - Open Access.
THE GENERATIVE SIMILARITIES OF DESIGNS, PROTOTYPES, AND SCENARIOS
In this paper, we discuss the conceptual and practical relationships of three common products of design and design research: designs, prototypes, and scenarios. In addition, we examine the related actions of designing, prototyping, and writing scenarios. We suggest that rather than accepting the common understanding of these three artifacts and processes as distinct phenomena, it is useful to consider them as three aspects of a larger construct that is characterized by features such as invention, meaning-‐making, reification of ideas, and mediation among interlocutors. This interpretation has consequences for our understanding of these artifacts and processes, both as potential means of knowledge production, and as attempts to define our disciplinary boundaries, suggesting that a relatively small shift in design practice could produce significant benefits for the field as a whole.
Palavras-chave: Designs, Prototype, Scenario, Mediation.,
-  FALLMAN, Daniel. Design‐oriented human‐computer interaction. Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human factors in computing systems, New York:ACM, 2003.
-  FOUCAULT, Michel. The Archeology of Knowledge. Transl. A. M. Sheridan Smith. New York:Routledge Classics, 2004.
-  HEIJDEN, Kees van der. Scenarios: The Art of Strategic Conversation. West Sussex:John Willey Andamp; Sons, 2005.
-  GALEY, Alan , RUECKER, Stan and The INKE Research Group. How a Prototype Argues. In: Literary and Linguistic Computing. 25(3), 2010.
-  LATOUR, Bruno. Mixing Humans and Nonhumans Together: The Sociology of a Door‐ Closer. In: Social Problems, Vol. 35, No. 3, Special Issue: The Sociology of Science and Technology, 1988, 298‐310.
-  YOUN‐KYUNG, Lim, STOLTERMAN, Erik, and TENENBERG Josh. The anatomy of prototypes: Prototypes as filters, prototypes as manifestations of design ideas. In: ACM Transactions on Computer‐Human Interaction, TOCHI 15.2, 2008.
-  MANZINI, Ezio. and JÉGOU, François. Design degli scenari. In: BERTOLA, P.; MANZINI, E. Design Multiverso Appunti di fenomenologia del design. Milano: Edizioni POLI.design, 2006, 189‐20
-  MOURA, H., FAHNSTROM, D., PRYGROCKI, G., and MCLEISH, T. J. ThinkeringSpace: Designing for Collaboration. In: Visible Language, v43, n1, 2009, 46‐61. SIMON, Herbert A. The Sciences of Artificial. Cambridge:MIT, 1969.
-  SCHWARTZ, Peter. The Art of the Long View. New York:Doubleday, 1991
-  MARYAM, Tohidi, BUXTON, William, BAECKER, Ronald, and SELLEN, Abigail. Getting the right design and the design right. In: Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, ACM:New York, 2006.
Scaletsky, Celso Carnos; Ruecker, Stan; Basapur, Santosh; "THE GENERATIVE SIMILARITIES OF DESIGNS, PROTOTYPES, AND SCENARIOS", p. 3082-3093 . In: Anais do 11º Congresso Brasileiro de Pesquisa e Desenvolvimento em Design [= Blucher Design Proceedings, v. 1, n. 4].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/designpro-ped-00821
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação