dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 7 - XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Knowledge-based Design
Article - Open Access.
The Art of Computer Graphics Programming: Translating Pioneer Programs
Considering the importance of the use of programming languages for teaching computational design to architects, this paper proposes the translation of computer programs from a pioneer work in this field into a more contemporary programming language. The book The Art of Computer Graphics Programming: A Structured Introduction for Architects and Designers was published in 1987 by William J. Mitchell, Robin Ligget and Thomas Kvan, and remains an important reference for architects. The original Pascal codes in the book were translated into Processing, and made available through an Internet website, along with images and comments, in order to give late Prof. Mitchell’s work the consideration it deserves.
Palavras-chave: Processing, Pascal, Computer graphics,
-  Celani, M. G., Andamp; Lazarini, K. (2007). Using CAD for generating architectural form: Reviewing and translating pioneer programs. Proceedings of the V Mathematics Andamp; Design International Conference.
-  Celani, M. G. (2008). Teaching CAD programming to architecture students.
-  Gestão Andamp; Tecnologia de Projetos, São Carlos. Retrieved from http://www.iau.usp.br/posgrad/gestaodeprojetos/index.php/gestao deprojetos/article/view/73
-  Celani, M. G., Duarte, J. P., Andamp; Vaz, C. V. (2011). The gardens revisited: The link between technology, meaning and logic?. Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Computer Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia / The University of Newcastle, Australia, 643- 652. Retrieved from http://cumincad.scix.net/cgi- bin/works/Show?caadria2011_061
-  Coates, P., Andamp; Thum, R. (1995). Generative modelling – student workbook. London: University of East London.
-  Concrete5 (n.d) Retrieved from http://www.concrete5.org
-  Greenberg, I. (2007). Processing: creative coding and computational art. Friendsof.
-  Harel, I.; Papert, S. (1991) Constructionism. Norwood: Ablex.
-  Mitchell, W. J., Ligget, R. S., Andamp; Kvan, T. (1987). The art of computer graphics programming, a structured introduction for architects and designers. New York, NY: Van Nostrand Reinhold Company.
-  Mitchell, W. J., Moore, C. W., Andamp; Turnbull, W. (1988). The poetics of gardens. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press.
-  Mitchell, W. J. (1990). The logic of architecture: design, computation, and cognition. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press.
-  Processing.org (n.d) Retrieved from http://www.processing.org
-  Project Website (n.d) Retrieved from http://www.revistaparc.fec.unicamp.br/lapac/index.php/re/program ming
-  Reas, C., Andamp; Fry. (2007). Processing: a programming handbook for visual designers and artists. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press.
-  Schimitt, G. (1988). Microcomputer Aided Design for Architects and Designers. New York; John Wiley Andamp; Sons.
-  Shiffman, D. (2008). Learning Processing: a beginner’s guide to programming images, animation, and interaction. Morgan Kaufmann.
Alencar, Viviane; Celani, Gabriela; "The Art of Computer Graphics Programming: Translating Pioneer Programs", p. 500-504 . In: Proceedings of the XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Knowledge-based Design [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.7].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2013-0096
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação