outubro 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 13th International Symposium on Multiscale, Multifunctional and Functionally Graded Materials
Full Article - Open Access.
Spark plasma sintering of Bi1:65Pb0:35Sr2Ca2Cu3O10+ : improving microstructural features for practical applications
The grain boundaries in polycrytalline high-Tc superconductors constitute a limitation for the use of these materials in several devices. In order to verify the effect of the consolidation process in the microstructural features, powders of single-phase Bi1:65Pb0:35Sr2Ca2Cu3O10+ (Bi-2223) were consolidate by the spark plasma sintering (SPS) method at 750 ◦C. The SPS samples exhibited very high density but are oxygen deficient, as inferred from the electrical resistivity, (T), data. The samples were then subjected to a post-annealing heat treatment in air, at 750 ◦C, and for different times, tpa = 0, 5, 30 min, and 40 hours. From the X-ray diffraction analysis we have found that SPS post-annealed samples for tpa Andgt; 5 min show the presence of an extra phase identified as the infinite layer compound with general formula Ca1−xSrxCuO2. Irrespective of the presence of this additional phase, the superconducting properties, including the superconducting critical current at 77 K, of the post-annealed SPS samples are optimized for tpa = 5 min. The combined properties of the samples obtained by the SPS technique make them suitable for practical applications as superconducting fault current limiters (SFCL).
Palavras-chave: Bi-based Superconductor, Spark Plasma Sintering, Infinite Layer,
-  V. Mamedov, Powder Metallurgy 45 (2002) 322.
-  E. A. Olevsky, S. Kandukuri, L. Froyen, J. Appl. Phys. 102 (2007) 114913.
-  S. Zhang, C. Li, Q. Hao, P. Zhang, H. Liu, S. Yang, Physics Procedia 27 (2012) 176.
-  E. Govea-Alcaide, I. F. Machado, M. Bertolete-Carneiro, P. Mun´e, R. F. Jardim, J. Appl. Phys. 112 (2012) 113906.
-  E. M. McCarron, M. A. Subramanian, J. C. Calabrese, R. L. Harlow, Mat. Res. Bull. 23 (1988) 135
-  H. Shaked, Y. Shimakawa, B. A. Hunter, R. L. Hitterman, J. D. Jorgensen, P. D. Han, D. A. Payne, Phys. Rev. B 51 (1995) 11784.
-  P. Mun´e, E. Govea-Alcaide, R. F. Jardim, Physica C 384 (2003) 491.
-  J. L. MacManus-Driscoll, P. Wang, J. C. Bravman, R. B. Beyers, Appl. Phys. Lett. 65 (1994) 2872.
-  T. Fujii, T. Watanabe, A. Matsuda, Physica C 357 (2001) 173.
-  E. Govea-Alcaide, I. Garcia-Fornaris, P. Mune, R. F. Jardim, Eur. Phys. J. B 58 (2007) 373.
García-Fornaris, I.; Calzada, I.; Govea-Alcaide, E.; Machado, I. F.; Jardim, R. F.; "Spark plasma sintering of Bi1:65Pb0:35Sr2Ca2Cu3O10+ : improving microstructural features for practical applications", p. 82-85 . In: Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on Multiscale, Multifunctional and Functionally Graded Materials [=Blucher Material Science Proceedings, v.1, n.1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-9337, DOI 10.5151/matsci-mmfgm-178-f
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação