fevereiro 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Artigo - Open Access.
SOLUBILITY OF BUTYL ACETATE IN UNSATURED AQUEOUS MIXTURES OF GLUCOSE, SUCROSE AND FRUCTOSE AT LOW TEMPERATURES.
Interactions between water and flavour molecules have been widely studied and are characterized by the hydrophobicity and volatility. The influence of different types of sugar should be known in case of they are part from the material. Flavour release from complex food matrices is difficult to predict and solubility data would be helpful. Thus, interactions between flavour molecules and other compounds are often investigated in binary and ternary model systems (e.g., water, flavour compounds, carbohydrates) to characterize specific release mechanisms. In this paper, the solubility of butyl acetate from pure water and various lowviscosity aqueous solutions (D-Sucrose, D-Glucose, D-Fructose), at 10-30 gL-1, was investigated. Static isothermal method was used and concentrations of the aroma or flavour compound at thermodynamic equilibrium were monitored by analyzing liquid samples using gaseous chromatography. Experiments were carried out at temperature range of 278.25 - 298.2 K. Flavour solubility from mixtures decreased with increasing temperature and decreased with molecular superficial area of the sugar compound. The flavour compound was retained more extensively in the presence of glucose agent, compared to in pure water, while an increase in the solubility was observed in presence of sucrose and fructose. All aqueous solutions had similar behavior as sugar concentration was increased, although it was expected that sugar molecular weight tended to have influences in the equilibrium concentration. A correlation between temperature (or sugar concentration) and butyl acetate solubility in the low-viscosity solutions was evident.
-  ABDERAFI, S.; BOUNAHMIDI, T. Measurement and estimation of vapor–liquid equilibrium for industrial sugar juice using the Peng–Robinson equation of state Fluid Phase Eq. v. 162 p. 225–240, 1999.
-  Área temática: Engenharia das Separações e Termodinâmica 7BLANCH, G. P.; DEL CASTILLO, M. L. R. Changes in strawberry constituents after pre-harvest treatment with natural hormonal compounds. Flavour Frag. J. v.27, p. 180-187, 201
-  BORGES, R. P.; SILVA, F. C.; FRANCO JR, M. R. Solubility of ethyl acetate in diluted aqueous solutions of fructose. 1Flavour Frag. J. v.28, p. 10-13, 201
-  COVARRUBIAS-CERVANTES, M.; BONGARD, S.; CHAMPION, D.; VOILLEY, A. Effects of the nature and concentration of substrates in aqueous solutions on the solubility aroma compounds. Flavour Fragr. J. v. 20, p. 265-273, 200
-  COVARRUBIAS-CERVANTES, M.; BONGARD, S.; CHAMPION, D.; VOILLEY, A.. LWT v. 38, p. 371-378, 200
-  FAN, W.; QIAN, M. C. Identification of aroma in Chinese “Yanghe Daqu” liquor by normal phase chromatography fractionation followed by gas chromatography/osfactometry. Flavour Frag. J. v.21, p. 333-342, 200
-  FRANCO, M. R. B.; JANZARANTTI, N. S. Aroma of minor tropical fruits. Flavour Fragr. J. v. 20, p. 358-371, 2005.
-  GOUBET, I. Le Quere, J.-L, Andamp; Voilley. Retention of aroma compunds by carbohydrates: Influence of their physicochemical characteristics and of their physical state. A review. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, v. 46(5), p. 1981-1990, 199
-  MALAGONI, R. A.; FRANCO, M. R., Jr. A Simple Apparatus for Data Solubility Determination. Fluid Phase Equilib. v. 255, p. 93–97, 2007.
-  OLIVEIRA, A. C.; PIRES, R. F.; COELHO, M. G.; FRANCO, M. R., Jr. Solubility of Benzoic Acid in Mixed Solvents. J. Chem. Eng. Data v. 52, p. 298–300, 2007.
-  OLIVEIRA, M. L. N. Estudo experimental da solubilidade de alguns ácidos em misturas hidro-alcoólicas. (in Portuguese). Doctoral thesis, Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universidade Federal de Uberlândia, Uberlândia, 2009, 322 p. OLIVEIRA, M. L. N.; MALAGONI, R. A.; FEHR, M.; FRANCO, M. R., JR. Obtaining Solubility Data from a Liquid-Liquid Equilibrium Cell. Chem. Eng. Commun. v.195, p.1076-1084, 2008.
-  PIRES, R. F.; FRANCO, M. R., Jr. Solubility of Benzoic Acid in Aqueous Solutions Containing Ethanol or N-Propanol. J. Chem. Eng. Data v. 53, p. 2704–2706, 2008.
-  SUOMALAINEN, H.; NYKANEN, L. Aroma of Beer, Wine and Distilled Alcoholic Beverages. Springer London. 424 pgs, 1983.
SILVA, F. C.; FRANCO JR, M. R.; "SOLUBILITY OF BUTYL ACETATE IN UNSATURED AQUEOUS MIXTURES OF GLUCOSE, SUCROSE AND FRUCTOSE AT LOW TEMPERATURES.", p. 16312-16319 . In: Anais do XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química - COBEQ 2014 [= Blucher Chemical Engineering Proceedings, v.1, n.2].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/chemeng-cobeq2014-1988-16520-139286
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação