dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 7 - XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Knowledge-based Design
Article - Open Access.
SKIN: An Open Negotiation Between Form, Function and Materiality
The Nuit Blanche Pavilion is a recent project by Gernot Riether in collaboration with artist Damien Valero. The project takes advantage of an elastic behavior found in high-density elastomers to form a lightweight structure that integrates form, geometry and program in a single material system. Grasshopper and the finite element plug-in Karamba were used to optimize these interdependencies. This paper will describe the design of the project and elaborate on an aspect of Riether’s research that uses digital technology to promote environmentally responsible materials and construction methods.
Palavras-chave: Parametric design, Polymers, Light weight structure, Interactive video installation,
-  Williams, J. H. (2008). Employee engagement: Improving participation in safety. Professional Safety, 53(12), 40-45.
-  Ahlquist, S. and Menges, A. (2011). Behavior-based Computational Design Methodologies: Integrative processes for force defined material structures, ACADIA 2011: Integration through Computation, Banff, 82-89.
-  Freinkel, S. (2011, March 17). Plastic: Too Good to Throw Away, The New York Times.
-  LeCuyer, W.A. (2008). ETFE: Technology and Design, Birkhäuser Verlag AG, Basel.
-  Menges,A. (2011). Integrative Design Computation: Integrating material behavior and robotic manufacturing processes in computational design for performative wood constructions, ACADIA 2011: Integration through Computation, Banff, 2011, 72-81.
-  Riether, G. (2011). System Interaction, Journal of Green Building, Volume 6, Number 2, 29-35.
-  Riether, G. and Jolly, K. (2011). Flexible Systems: Flexible Design, Material and Fabrication: The AIA pavilion as a case study, eCAADe 2011: Respecting Fragile Places, Ljubljana, 2011, 628-634.
-  Vivek, S. (2009). Structural Origin of CircularlyPolarized Iridescence in Structural Analysis: Keyan Rahimzadeh Jeweled Beetles, Science, 325, 449-451.
Riether, Gernot; Rahimzadeh, Keyan; "SKIN: An Open Negotiation Between Form, Function and Materiality", p. 424-429 . In: Proceedings of the XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Knowledge-based Design [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.7].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2013-0081
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação