fevereiro 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Artigo - Open Access.
SIMULATION OF SBO ABSORPTION
This contribution is part of an international research project on prospecting uses for soluble bio-organic substances (SBO) isolated from urban biomasses. SBO have been found to be very similar to humic substance in terms of chemical structure and physical-chemical properties. SBO have been tested as surfactants, detergents and adsorbents. In the present work, mathematical models for the adsorption of N2 at 77K and crystal violet at 298K in SBO-magnetite systems (with different amount of SBO functionalizing magnetite nanoparticles) are developed. The models were fitted to experimental data. The N2 adsorption isotherms are of type 4 (following the IUPAC classification). Initially, the linear form of BET equation was used. Later, the number of multilayers was estimated as well. It is about 81 for concentrations of 0.5 mg/L of SBO and 95 layers for 0.05 mg of SBO. In the study of the adsorption of crystal violet in SBO-magnetite particles, the data were divided in four groups. Each group was analyzed individually and the Langmuir and Freundelinch equations were fitted for each. Finally, a model to represent global adsorption kinetic was proposed for fitting the experimental
-  ARIS, R., Mathematical Modeling Techniques, New York, Dover, 1994.
-  BRENAN, K.E., S.L. CAMPBELL AND L.R. PETZOLD, Numerical Solution of Initial-Value Problems in Differential-Algebraic Equations, Elsevier, 1989.
-  GOMIS, J,. VERCHER, R.F., AMAT, A.M., MÁRTIRE, D.O., GONZÁLEZ, M.C., BIANCO PREVOT, A., MONTONERI, E., ARQUES, A. CARLOS, L., Application of soluble bio-organic substances (SBO) as photocatalysts for wastewater treatment: Sensitizing effect and photo-Fenton-like process, Catalysis Today, vol. 209, 15, pp. 176–180, 201
-  HILL, C.G., Introduction to Chemical Engineering Kinetics Andamp; Chemical Reactors, Wiley, 1977.
-  MAGNACCA G., ALLERA A., MONTONERI E., CELI L., BENITO D.E., GALIARDI L.G., GONZALEZ M.C., MÁRTIRE D.O. and CARLOS L., Novel magnetite nanoparticles coated with waste sourced bio-based substances as sustainable and renewable adsorbing materials, accepted for publication in ACS Sustainable Chemistry Andamp; Engineering. MONTONERI E., SAVARINO P., BUTTIGLIENGO S., MUSSO G., BOFFA V., BIANCO PREVOT A., FABBRI D., PRAMAURO E.; Humic Acid-Like Matter Isolatedform Green Urban Wastes. Part II: Performance in Chemical and Environmental Technologies, Bioresour., 3, 1, 217-233, 2008.
-  PINTO, J.C. Planejamento de Experimentos para Tratamento de dados e Controle de Qualidade, SOLEQ, Salvador, Bahia, 1993.
VIANNA JR, A. S.; ROUX, G. A. LE; MAGNACCA, G.; PREVOT, A. BIANCO; "SIMULATION OF SBO ABSORPTION", p. 9123-9130 . In: Anais do XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química - COBEQ 2014 [= Blucher Chemical Engineering Proceedings, v.1, n.2].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/chemeng-cobeq2014-1743-17780-158825
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação