setembro 2015 vol. 2 num. 1 - XXIII Simpósio Internacional de Engenharia Automotiva
Artigo Completo - Open Access.
SAFETY FEATURES FOR TWO WHEELERS
Rapid growth in the use of motorized two wheeled vehicles in many countries has been accompanied by increases in injuries and fatalities. Motorcyclists comprise a third of all road traffic deaths in the South-East Asia and Western Pacific Regions. Head and neck injuries are the main cause of severe injury, disability and death of motorcycle users. The paper aims to study rider behavior and driving habits, mainly towards the use of safety gear, it also suggests a possible solution to the identified problems by means of new concepts and design modification in the vehicle. The suggested feature would help to reduce two-wheeler fatalities and will give a safe vehicle to society. The paper strongly recommends to included suggested Features as a mandatory requirement for Two-wheelers approval.
-  World Health organization, Global status report on road safety 2013 Supporting a decade of action ISBN 978 92 4 156456 4, 14 March 2013
-  http://www.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/78256/1/9789241564564_eng.pdf
-  MADHAV PAI, ANJALI MAHENDRA, RANJIT GADGIL, SHWETA VERNIKAR, REBECCA HEYWOOD, RADHA , EMBARQ Network, Motorized Two-Wheelers in Indian Cities, 25 Sept 2014
-  http://www.embarq.org/sites/default/files/Motorized-two-wheelers-indian-cities-pune-25-9-1pdf
-  RAJEEV J. MICHAEL, MANOJ K. SHARMA, SEEMA MEHROTRA, HUMERA BANU, RAJESH KUMAR, PAULOMI M. SUDHIR, NEELIMA CHAKRABARTHY, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS)Industrial Psychiatry Journal, Inclination to speeding and its correlates among two‑wheeler riding Indian youth, December 2014
-  http://www.industrialpsychiatry.org/temp/IndPsychiatryJ232105-2559491_070634.pdf
-  ERIC SCHAAL, cheatsheet,7 New Motorcycles With Innovative Safety Features, 30 March 2014, http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/7-new-motorcycles-with-innovative-safety-features.html/?a=viewall
-  DR. POONAM MITTAL, DR. RENUKA GARG, 16th Road Safety on Four Continents Conference Beijing China , Study Of Behavior Of Two Wheelers Drivers Towards Helmet Wearing, Talking On Cell Phone While Driving And Driving With Many Pillion Riders: 15-17 May 2013: http://vti.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:760020/FULLTEXT01.pdf
-  DR. GURURAJ, NIMHANS Bisp Fact Sheet: Two Wheelers Safety: Published By Nimhans with Support from World Health Organization, India Office, 17 Nov 2014 www.nimhans.kar.nic.in/epidemiology/bisp/fs5.pdf
-  MD NAZMUL KARIM. WHO fact sheet, Road safety status in the WHO South-East Asia Region 2013, March 2013, http://www.searo.who.int/entity/disabilities_injury_rehabilitation/topics/fact_sheet_road_safety_final.pdf
-  WHO PUBLICATIONS, Strengthening Road Safety Legislation: A practice and resource manual for countries 2013 http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/85396/1/9789241505109_eng.pdf?ua=1
-  Images used for concept creation of Royal Enfield classic bullet Electra: http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-
Wankhede, Harshal; "SAFETY FEATURES FOR TWO WHEELERS", p. 49-61 . In: In Anais do XXIII Simpósio Internacional de Engenharia Automotica - SIMEA 2014 [=Blucher Engineering Proceedings]. São Paulo: Blucher, 2015. .
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2357-7592, DOI 10.5151/engpro-simea2015-PAP123
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação