dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 7 - XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Knowledge-based Design
Article - Open Access.
Performance Testing in Architectural Design: Evolving the Problem-Solving Paradigm for Novice Designers
This paper compares two approaches to introduce novice architectural designers to computational tools for performance testing. Focus is placed on parametric design changes to test solutions. The first approach is limited to the design of a shading component. The second approach consists of short exercises using Building Information Modeling to test and analyze discrete decisions. The hurdles in the learning process are discussed, including the role of visualization to evaluate performance. The effectiveness on learning strategies is discussed.
Palavras-chave: Design education, BIM, Performance-based design, Novice designer, Design problem-solving,
-  Eastman, Charles M. (1992). Modeling of buildings: evolution and concepts. Automation in Construction, 1(2), 99-109.
-  Eastman, CM, Jeong, Y-S, Sacks, R, Andamp; Kaner, I. (2009). Exchange model and exchange object concepts for implementation of national BIM standards. Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, 24(1), 25-34.
-  Fischer, Martin. (2006). Formalizing construction knowledge for concurrent performance-based design Intelligent Computing in Engineering and Architecture (pp. 186-205): Springer.
-  Foliente, GC, Leicester, RH, Andamp; Pham, L. (1998). Development of the CIB proactive program on performance based building codes and standards. BCE Doc, 98, 232.
-  Gómez Puente, SM, Van Eijck, M, Andamp; Jochems, W. (2011). Towards characterising design-based learning in engineering education: a review of the literature. European Journal of Engineering Education, 36(2), 137-149.
-  Hmelo-Silver, Cindy E. (2004). Problem-based learning: What and how do students learn? Educational Psychology Review, 16(3), 235-26
-  Jolley, Victoria. (2013). Constructing Knowledge: a Pedagogical evaluation of Design-based Learning. UCLan Journal of Pedagogic Research, 4.
-  Jonassen, David H, Andamp; Hung, Woei. (2006). Learning to troubleshoot: A new theory-based design architecture. Educational Psychology Review, 18(1), 77-114.
Sanguinetti, Paola; "Performance Testing in Architectural Design: Evolving the Problem-Solving Paradigm for Novice Designers", p. 520-523 . In: Proceedings of the XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Knowledge-based Design [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.7].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2013-0100
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação