fevereiro 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies
Full Article - Open Access.
Outside looking in: foreign perceptions of Brazilian Design culture
This paper assesses the perceptions of Brazilian design and culture among foreign designers as revealed through analysis of creative works communicating the designers’ experience in Brazil. By examining their personal visions of Brazil, this paper provides unique insight into the designers’ perceptions and interpretations of Brazilian life and culture.
Palavras-chave: International design, Brazil, Culture, Social, Education,
-  Arnould, E and Thompson, C. (2005) Consumer Culture Theory (CCT): Twenty years of research. Journal of Consumer Research, 31(4), 868- 882
-  Glaser, B and Strauss, A. (1967) The discovery of grounded theory: Strategies for qualitative research. 4th ed.. Piscataway, NJ:Aldine
-  Hall, E. T. (1959). The silent language. Garden City, N.Y. Doubleday.
-  Hall, E. T. (1976). Beyond culture. Garden City, NJ: Anchor/Doubleday.
-  Hofstede, G. (1991). Cultures and organizations: Software of the mind. London, McGraw-Hill.
-  Krippendorf, K. (2004) Content Analysis: An Introduction to Its Methodology. 2nd edition, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage 2004
-  Schwartz, S. H. (1994). Are there universal aspects in the structure and contents of human values? Journal of Social Issues, 50(4), 19-45.
-  Trompenaars F.(1996) Riding the Waves of Culture. New York, NY: Irwin
SCAFF, Claudia; JOHANSEN, Douglas; "Outside looking in: foreign perceptions of Brazilian Design culture", p. 180-184 . In: Farias, Priscila Lena; Calvera, Anna; Braga, Marcos da Costa & Schincariol, Zuleica (Eds.). Design frontiers: territories, concepts, technologies [=ICDHS 2012 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies]. São Paulo: Blucher, 2012.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, ISBN: 978-85-212-0692-7
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação