Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
OUTPUT-ONLY MODAL CHARACTERIZATION FOR A CONCRETE BRIDGE
This study presents the methodology and results of a dynamic loading test carried out at bridge “Ponte do Canal de Sernambetiba” in Rio de Janeiro - Brazil. The applied technology considers the traffic, under normal conditions, and arbitrary environment loads as random input vibration sources. Eleven independent measurements were conducted on the bridge deck in order to detect the most important vibration modes. The acquired signals were processed by an algorithm based on Subspace Stochastic Identification (SSI) that computes the main structural resonances, damping and modal shapes. Afterwards, a numerical model of the structure, based on a Finite Elements Method, was created and calibrated according to the measured resonances. Finally, the validated model was applied in order to evaluate the response of the bridge under critical loading scenarios.
Palavras-chave: Operational modal analysis, Digital signal processing, Finite Elements Method.,
-  N. Maia, J.M. Silva, J. He, N. Lieven, N. Lin, R. Lin, G. Skingle, W.M. To, A. Urgueira, “Theoretical and Experimental Modal Analysis”, Research Studies Press, London, England, 1998.
-  J. He, Z. Fu, “Modal analysis, Butterworth-Heinemann”, Oxford, England, 2001.
-  Jeary A. P., “ The identification of damage in large structures”, Report UWS univ of western Sydney, Australia, 2002.
-  Jeary, A.P., “Establishing Non-Linear Damping Characteristics of Structures from Non- Stationary response Time-Histories”, The Structural Engineer, Vol. 70, No. 4, 18,1992.
-  Cole H. A., “ On line failure detection and damping measurements by random decrement signatures”, NASA CR 2205, 1973.
-  ABNT NBR-7187, “Projeto e execução de pontes de concreto armado e protendido”, 1987.
Barbosa, P.H.M.; Albino, T.G.; Martins, C. J.; "OUTPUT-ONLY MODAL CHARACTERIZATION FOR A CONCRETE BRIDGE", p. 370-379 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-16769
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação