Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
NUMERICAL INVESTIGATION OF TIP CLEARANCE EFFECT OF ICING IN ROTOR/STATOR INTERACTION
Ice accretion is a phenomenon where super-cooled water droplets impinge and accrete on a body. It occurs frequently on airplanes, windmills and conductor cables. In particular, when ice layer is formed on an aircraft wing, it affects on the aerodynamic performance by increas-ing drag and reducing lift, and it may cause a serious accident. On a jet engine, ice accretion disturbs the inlet flow, and separated ice pieces can damage to the compressor and the casing, which leads to the severe performance degradation. There have been several accidents due to ice accretion. Therefore, the estimation of ice accretion is necessary to avoid accidents. In this study, the authors simulate icing phenomena in rotor-stator cascade considering rotor tip clearance. The numerical results indicate that the leakage vortex generated by the tip clear-ance changes the flow field and droplet motions, and consequently the changes makes accret-ed ice on the stator vane surface decrease.
Palavras-chave: Ice Accretion, Rotor-Stator Interaction, Tip Clearance, Leakage Vortex.,
-  Hayashi R., Kawakami K., Suzuki M,, Yamamoto M., Shishido S., Murooka T., Miyagaw H., “Numerical simulation of icing phenomena in fan rotor/stator interaction field”, Pro-ceedings of the 11th International Gas Turbine Congress, 201
-  Kato M., Launder B. E., “The modeling of turbulent flow around stationary and vibrating square cylinder”, Proceedings of the 8th Symposium on Turbulent Shear Flows, 10-4-1-10-4-6, 1993.
-  Yee H. C., “Upwind and symmetric Shock-Capturing Schemes”, NASA-TM-89464, 1987.
-  Fujii K., Obayashi S., “Practical application of improved LU-ADI scheme for the three-dimensional Navier-Stokes computations of transonic viscous flows”, AIAA Paper, 86-0513, 1986, also AIAA J., 25, 369-370, 1987.
-  Ozgen S., Canibek M., “Ice accretion simulation on multi-element airfoils using extended Messinger model”, Heat and Mass Transfer, 45, 305-322, 2009.
-  Shirayama S., Ohta T., “A visualization of a vector-field by a homogenized nascent-particles tracking ”, Int. J. of Visualization, 4.2, 185-196, 2001.
Hayashi, R.; Yamamoto, M.; Shishido, S.; Murooka, T.; Miyagawa, H.; "NUMERICAL INVESTIGATION OF TIP CLEARANCE EFFECT OF ICING IN ROTOR/STATOR INTERACTION", p. 2530-2544 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18894
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação