outubro 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 13th International Symposium on Multiscale, Multifunctional and Functionally Graded Materials
Full Article - Open Access.
Multiscale Characterization of Strain-Hardening Cementitious Composites
This research involves the multiscale characterization of strain-hardening cementitious composites under tensile loading. The sensitivity of cracking behavior to ber dispersion is studied using three-dimensional lattice models, in which each ber is explicitly represented. It is shown that the nonlocal modeling of ber bridging forces is essential for obtaining realistic patterns of crack development. Crack count and crack size are simulated for progressively larger levels of tensile strain. The in uence of ber dispersion is clearly evident: regions with signi cantly fewer bers act as defects, reducing strength and strain capacity of the material.
Palavras-chave: strain-hardening, fracture, fiber debonding, lattice modeling, multiscale characterization,
-  A.E. Naaman and H.W. Reinhardt (eds.), High Performance Fiber Reinforced Cement Composites 2 (HPFRCC 2): E Andamp; FN SPON,London, 1996, 502 pp.
-  Y. Akkaya, S.P. Shah, and B. Ankenman, E ect of ber dispersion on multiple cracking of cement composites. ASCE Journal ofEngineering Mechanics. 127. (2001) 311-6.
-  J.E. Bolander, S. Choi, and S.R. Duddukuri, Fracture of ber-reinforced cement composites: e ects of ber dispersion. InternationalJournal of Fracture. 154. (2008) 73-86.
-  B. Shen, M. Hubler, G.H. Paulino, and L.J. Struble, Functionally-graded ber-reinforced cement composite: processing, microstructure, and properties. Cement and Concrete Composites. 30. (2008) 663-73.
-  J. Kang, K. Kim, Y.M. Lim, and J.E. Bolander, Modeling of ber-reinforced cement composites: discrete representation of berpullout. International Journal of Solids and Structures. 51. (2014) 1970-9.
-  A.E. Naaman, G.G. Namur, J.M. Alwan, and H.S. Najm, Fiber pullout and bond slip. I: analytical study. ASCE Journal of StructuralEngineering. 117. (1991) 2769-90.
-  M. Kunieda, H. Ogura, N. Ueda, and H. Nakamura, Tensile fracture process of strain hardening cementitious composites by means of three-dimensional meso-scale analysis. Cement and Concrete Composites. 33. (2011) 956-65.
Bolander, John E.; Kang, Jingu; Pan, Yaming; "Multiscale Characterization of Strain-Hardening Cementitious Composites", p. 66-69 . In: Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on Multiscale, Multifunctional and Functionally Graded Materials [=Blucher Material Science Proceedings, v.1, n.1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-9337, DOI 10.5151/matsci-mmfgm-126-f
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação