Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
MULTI PHYSICS SIMULATION OF LIQUID DROPLET IMPINGEMENT EROSION
Pipe wall thinning is one of the most serious problems in a power plant operation. The analysis of pipe wall thinning phenomenon is a critical issue for the safety and to in-crease the operation rate of power plants. One of the main causes of pipe wall thinning phe-nomenon of power generation facilities is the liquid droplet impingement erosion (LDIE). It is well known that the LDIE progress is classified into three stages; incubation, acceleration and steady-state. Conventionally, the steady-state stage has been investigated. In this study, we develop a numerical procedure to predict the incubation period and the steady-state stage. Additionally, we simulate the LDIE using computational fluid dynamics. The simulation re-sults are compared with the experiment. As the results, it is shown that the simulation results are in qualitative agreement with the experimental data. And thus we confirm that the numer-ical procedure of LDIE model proposed in this study is fairly validated.
Palavras-chave: Droplet Erosion, Gas-Liquid Two-Phase Flow, Computational Fluid Dynamics,
-  Harold, M.C. and Jeffrey, S.H., “Erosion in nuclear piping systems”, Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology., 1-11, 2005.
-  Launder, B.E., Spalding, D. B., “The Numerical Computation of Turbulent Flows”, Computer methods in applied mechanics and engineering Vol.3 No.2, 269-289, 1974.
-  Yee, H. C., “Upwind and Symmetric Shock-capturing Schemes”, NASA-TM-89464, 1987.
-  Kato, M., Launder, B. E., “The Modeling of Turbulent Flow Around Stationary and Vibrating Square Cylinders”, Proceedings of 9th Symposium on Turbulent Shear Flows, 10.1-10.6, 1993.
-  Miyata, H. and Isomoto, Y., “Erosion Phenomenon caused by Water Droplet Impingement and Life Prediction of Industrial Materials”, Zairyo-to-Kankyo. 57, 1-24, 2008.
Fujita, K.; Suzuki, M.; Yamamoto, M.; "MULTI PHYSICS SIMULATION OF LIQUID DROPLET IMPINGEMENT EROSION", p. 2969-2978 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19114
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação