fevereiro 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies
Full Article - Open Access.
Living system design Studio: from digital to fabrication process
Various approaches have been developed to deal with digital tools in architecture design process. The most recent is responsive architecture. This paper presents the results of a design studio based in an interdisciplinary collaboration research at Vitruvius Fablab-ISCTE IUL. The main goal was to explore the new digital technologies to generate a Discursive Wall – Living System that physically responds to movement, interacting spatially and temporally with the environment and its inhabitants.
Palavras-chave: Living systems, Parametric generative design, CAD/CAM tools, Design studio, Interactive architecture,
-  Bonwetsch, T.; Baertschi, R. And Oesterle, S. 2008. Adding performance criteria to digital fabrication room - acoustical information of diffuse respondent panels. Proceedings of the 28th annual conference of acadia, minneapolis: 364-369.
-  Burry, M. 2011. Scripting cultures. Architectural design and programming. Wiley.
-  Diniz, N. And Turner, A. 2007. Towards a Living Architecture. Proceedings of ACADIA 2007 Expanding Bodies.
-  Fox, M. And Kemp, M. 2009. Interactive Architecture. New York: Princeton Architectural Press.
-  Goulthorpe, M. 2008. The Possibity of (an) Architecture. New York: Routledge.
-  Hensel, M.; Menges, A. And Weinstock, M. 2010. Emergent Technologies and Design. Towards a biological paradigm for architecture. USA and Canada: Routledge.
-  Kolarevic, B. And Klinger, K. 2008. Manufacturing Material effects. Rethinking Design and Making in Architecture. USA and Canada: Routledge.
-  Kolarevic, B. And Malkawi, A. 2005. Performative Architecture. Beyond Instrumentality. New York: Spon Press.
-  Kronenbur, R. 2007. Flexible: Architecture that Responds to Change. London: Laurence King Publishers.
-  Leach, N. 1997. Rethinking Architecture: A Reader in Cultural Theory. Routledge
-  Maturana, H. And Varela, F. 1980. Autopoiesis and Cognition. The Realization of the Living. Boston Studies in the Philosophy of Science, 42.
-  Oxman, R. 2010. Sharing Media anf knowledge in Design Pedagogy. Journal of Information Technology in Construction, 15:291-305.
-  Roudavski, S.; Artopoulos, G. And Penz, F. 2006. Digital Design Techniques for Adaptable Systems: Prague Biennale Pavilion’: In ed. by Oosterhuis, K. And Feireiss, L. (ed) GameSetAndMatch II: The Architecture Co-Laboratory on Computer Games, AdvancedGeometries and Digital Technologies: 478-486. Rotterdam: Episode Publishers.
-  Glynn, R. And Sheil, B. 2011. Fabricate: Making Digital Architecture. Riverside Architectural Press.
-  Picon, A. 2010 Digital Culture in Architecture. An introduction for the design professions. Basel: Birkhäuser.
PAIO, Alexandra; OLIVEIRA, Maria; CARVÃO, Luís; BRIMET, Silva; "Living system design Studio: from digital to fabrication process", p. 289-293 . In: Farias, Priscila Lena; Calvera, Anna; Braga, Marcos da Costa & Schincariol, Zuleica (Eds.). Design frontiers: territories, concepts, technologies [=ICDHS 2012 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies]. São Paulo: Blucher, 2012.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, ISBN: 978-85-212-0692-7
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação