Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
LIMIT ANALYSIS ON SCRATCH TEST PROBLEM
Scratch test is one of the oldest method to determine mechanical properties in materials. The technique has gained interest due to the properties implied during test, such as adherence, hardness, cohesion and elasticity. On this test a rigid indenter is dragged on the material test surface at a constant depth and controlled forces. This problem is modeled by finite elements method and limit analysis theory, which is is a direct method and there is no need to calculate stresses during each load step in order to compute critical states and collapse mechanisms. From virtual power principle, the internal power is related to the external power, which is amplified by load factor so that the body achieves a plastic collapse. The solution of a limit analysis problem is to find this load factor, the plastically admissible stresses fields that are in equilibrium with the given forces system, the kinematically admissible velocity fields, the strain rate field , which is related to the velocity field by means of a deformation operator, and the plastic multiplier. The solution of a limit analysis problem closely depends on the yield function that describes the behavior of a material, such as von Mises for metals and Drucker-Prager for rocks. However, traditional criteria for rocks and soils such as Mohr- Coulomb and Drucker-Prager do not consider material porosity. Therefore, an yield criterion that includes porosity effect is applied in this work. This function is applied to the discretized limit analysis model. A semi-analytical solution based on limit analysis lower bound method is developed and the proposed yield function is also applied. Then, the results between both methods are compared.
Palavras-chave: Limit Analysis, Finite Elements, Porous Materials, Lower-Bound Solution,
-  R. Bard and F. J. Ulm, “An analysis of scratch tests on porous cohesive-frictional material,” 2009.
-  B. Gathier, Multi Scale Homogenization - Application to Shale Nanoindentation. PhD thesis, Massachussetts Institute of Technology, Massachussetts, 2006.
-  S. Cariou, The Effect of the Packing Density on the Indentation Hardness of Cohesive- Frictional Porous Materials. PhD thesis, Massachussetts Institute of Technology, Massachussetts, 2006.
-  N. Zouain, J. Herskovits, L. Borges, and R. Feijo, “An interative algorithm for limit analysis with nonlinear yield functions,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 30, pp. 1397–1417, 1993.
-  I. D. S. Pontes, L. Borges, N. Zouain, and F. Lopes, “An approach to limit analysis with cone-shaped yield surfaces,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 40, pp. 4011–4032, 1997.
-  W. F. Chen and X. L. Liu, Limit Analysis in Soil Mechanics. Amsterdam: Elsevier Science Publishing, 1990.
-  W. F. Chen and X. L. Liu, Limit Analysis and Soil Plasticity. Amsterdam: Elsevier Science Publishing, 1975.
-  J. Lubliner, Plasticity Theory. USA: Pearson Education, 1990.
-  L. M. Kachanov, Foundations of the Teory of Plasticity. Netherlands: North-Holland Publishing Company, 1971.
-  J. Silveira, “Elementos finitos triangulares mistos para anlise limite em estado plano,” Master’s thesis, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, 1991.
-  L. Borges, N. Zouain, C. Costa, and R. Feijo, “An adaptative approach to limit analysis,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 38, pp. 1707–1720, 2001.
-  R. Bard and F. J. Ulm, “Scratch hardness-strength solutions for cohesive-frictional materials,” International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 2011.
-  Z. Q. Feng, M. Hjiaj, G. Saxc, and Z. Mrz, “Effect of frictional anisotropy on the quasistatic motion of a deformable solid sliding on a planar surface,” Computational Mechanics, vol. 37, pp. 349–361, 2006.
-  L. Naccarato, Anlise Limite com Condies de Contorno Unilaterais. PhD thesis, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, 2006.
-  G. Saxc and L. Boussine, “Limit analysis theorems for implicit standard materials: Application to the unilateral contact with dry friction and the non-associated flow rules in soils and rocks,” International Journal of Mechanical Science, vol. 40, pp. 387–398, 1998.
Figueiredo, F. C.; Borges, L. M. S. A.; "LIMIT ANALYSIS ON SCRATCH TEST PROBLEM", p. 1929-1944 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18593
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação