dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 8 - XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Design in Freedom
Article - Open Access.
Knowledge Based Strategies for Parametric Design in Architecture
Design professionals in the construction industry widely use the term “parametric”. Despite this there is a paucity of applied guidelines for developing parametric models. It is possible to attend workshops and learn the mechanics of a specific applications and access online repositories of ‘design patterns’, but the cognitive process of application in practice has received little recent attention. Analysis and ex- perience of practice indicates that acquisition of new knowledge and capture of existing knowledge are the basis for all parametric tasks. This paper exposes a deeper understanding of the role of the parametric designer and proposes an applied strategic framework.
Palavras-chave: Parametric design, Design strategies, Computational thinking,
-  Aish, R., Andamp; Woodbury, R. (2005) .Multi level interaction in paramet- ric design, Lecture notes in computer science, 3638, 151–162.
-  Burry, M. (2003). Between intuition and process: Parametric design and rapid prototyping. In B. Kolarevic, (Ed), Architecture in the digital age - design and manufacturing. (pp 147–162). Abingdon: Taylor and Francis,
-  Chandrasekaran, B. (1990). Design problem solving: A task analysis.
-  AI magazine, 11(4), 59–71.
-  Hudson, R. (2010). Strategies for parametric design in architecture.
-  Ph.D. thesis, University of Bath.
-  Killian, A. (2005). Design exploration through bidirectional mod- eling of constraints. Ph.D. thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
-  Maher, A. (2006). The parametric bridge. Selfridges Birmingham UK. In A. Chaszar (Ed), Blurring the lines. (pp 76–81). London, Wiley.
-  Motta, E., Andamp; Zdrahal, Z. (1996). Parametric design problem solving.
-  Open University, doi=220.127.116.1164.
-  Rowe, P. G. (1987). Design thinking. Cambridge Massachusetts: The MIT Press.
-  Schon, D.A. (1991). The reflective practitioner: how professionals think in action. Aldershot: Ashgate,
-  Simon, H.A. (1973). The structure of ill-structured problems.
-  Artificial intelligence, 4(3), 181–201.
-  Woodbury, R., Andamp; Marques, D. (2006). Using rule based selection to support change in parametric cad models, Lecture notes in computer science, 4073, 230–235.
Hudson, Roland; "Knowledge Based Strategies for Parametric Design in Architecture", p. 77-81 . In: Proceedings of the XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Design in Freedom [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.8].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2014-0011
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação