Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
INVESTIGATION OF DATA MINING METHOD FOR THERMAL-FLUID SIMU-LATION RESULTS BASED ON PRESSURE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FRONT AND BACK SIDES USING MEDIAL-SURFACE AND ITS APPLICATION TO THERMAL DESIGN PROBLEMS
A data mining method is proposed for extracting feature regions and for suggesting design candidates from large-scale Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) results. The de-tected regions in this method are the regions where the pressure difference between the front and back sides is large. We introduce a medial-surface used in the structural analysis for the thin parts as an evaluation surface in order to apply complicated geometries, which have curved surfaces, holes, ribs, and steps. We applied this method to the laser diode (LD) cool-ing problem in optical disc drives, and the following results were obtained. (1) Three feature-regions are extracted from the CFD results. (2) Two of three regions were effective and were consistent with the actual product design.
Palavras-chave: Data mining, Medial-surface, Pressure difference, Thermal design,
-  N. Isoshima, T. Fujimoto, Y. Abe, M. Watanabe, Y. Yamauchi, and I. Nishida, “Devel-opment of cooling structures for Blu-ray Disc compatible optical disc drives using compu-tational fluid dynamics based on Cartesian grid method”. ASME-IPACK 2007-33248, 2007.
-  N. Isoshima, M. Watanabe, M. Ri, Y. Yamada, and K. Sugimoto, “Development of a low-noise and high-performance cooling structure for Full-HD plasma display TV sets”. ASME-IPACK 2009-89041, 2009.
-  W. Nakayama, “Thermal management of electronic equipment: A review of technology and research topics”. Appl. Mech. Rev., ASME, 39, 12, 1847-1870, 1986.
-  S. Ohashi, “Thermal design of flat panel TV (2) (in Japanese) ”. Nikkei electronics, 998, 103-108, 2009.
-  M. Onodera and I. Nishigaki, “A Medial-surface generation technology for CAD-CAE concurrent engineering (in Japanese) ”. Trans. of JSCES, Paper No. 20010037, 2001.
-  N. Isoshima, T. Fujimoto, Y. Abe, M. Watanabe, and Y. Yamauchi, “Numerical simulation and PIV measurement of the flow-field in optical disc drives”. Microsystem Tech.,13, 8-10, 923-931, 2007.
Isoshima, N.; Onodera, M.; Obayashi, S.; "INVESTIGATION OF DATA MINING METHOD FOR THERMAL-FLUID SIMU-LATION RESULTS BASED ON PRESSURE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FRONT AND BACK SIDES USING MEDIAL-SURFACE AND ITS APPLICATION TO THERMAL DESIGN PROBLEMS", p. 3530-3539 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19405
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação