dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 7 - XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Knowledge-based Design
Article - Open Access.
Introducing a Workshop to Build an Affordable 3D-Scanner: Presenting a Variety of Computational Concepts to Novice Students of Architecture
This paper outlines and describes a workshop designed for presenting and teaching a variety of computational concepts to novice students of architecture. While the ostensible purpose is the building of a cheap scanner the workshop facilitates a variety of techniques like model-making, basics of robotics or 3D-point-clouds. Novice students can discover a broad range of computational technologies both in hardware and software over a short period of time.
Palavras-chave: FabScan, Workshop, 3D-Scanner, Arduino, point-cloud,
-  Angelo, Alex; Neves, Heloisa; de Campos, Paulo Eduardo Fonseca (2012) Fab Lab Kids: Oficina de projetos socioambientais para crianças de escolas públicas fazendo uso da eletrônica e da fabricação digital [Fab Lab Kids: Workshop for environmental projects public school children making use of electronics and digital fabrication], SIGraDi 2012 [Proceedings of the 16th Iberoamerican Congress of Digital Graphics] Brasil - Fortaleza
-  Borchers, Jan: Arduino in a Nutshell, 1.8, Aachen 2013: online at: The Media Computing Group : Arduino in a Nutshell. Retrieved from: http://hci.rwth-aachen.de/arduino
-  Braumann, Johannes and Sigrid Brell-Cokcan (2012) Digital and physical computing for industrial robots in architecture: Interfacing Arduino with industrial robots, Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Computer Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia
-  Celani, Gabriela; Carlos Eduardo Verzola Vaz (2012) CAD Scripting and Visual Programming Languages for Implementing Computational Design Concepts: A Comparison from a Pedagogical Point of View, International Journal of Architectural Computing vol. 10 - no. 1, 121- 138
-  Elkær, Tim Nøhr (2009) Using Computers to Aid Creativity in the Early Stages of Design – or Not!: Rehabilitating the 2D/3D physical representation in Computer-Aided-Ideation, Computation: The New Realm of Architectural Design [27th eCAADe Conference Proceedings Istanbul (Turkey), pp. 761-768
-  Engelmann, Francis: FabScan - Affordable 3D Laser Scanning of Physical Objects, Bachelor Thesis Project (Supervisor: René Bohne), RWTH Aachen, not yet published, project''s page: http://hci.rwth- aachen.de/FabScan
-  Hertz, Garnet (2011) Arduino Microcontrollers and The Queen’s Hamlet: Utilitarian and Hedonized DIY Practices in Contemporary Electronic Culture, ACADIA 11: Integration through Computation [Proceedings of the 31st Annual Conference of the Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA) Banff (Alberta)
-  Huang, Yinghsiu; Hsieh, Kai-Wei; Chen, Huan-Nian (2012) The Emotional Design by Combining Interactive Technologies and Imaginations, Achten, Henri; Pavlicek, Jiri; Hulin, Jaroslav; Matejdan, Dana (eds.), Digital Physicality - Proceedings of the 30th eCAADe Conference - Volume 2, Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Architecture (Czech Republic), pp. 361-368
Lonsing, Werner; "Introducing a Workshop to Build an Affordable 3D-Scanner: Presenting a Variety of Computational Concepts to Novice Students of Architecture", p. 475-478 . In: Proceedings of the XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Knowledge-based Design [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.7].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2013-0091
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação