Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SMOOTHED PARTICLE HYDRODYNAMICS METHOD TO SOLVE PLASTIC DEFORMATION IN METALS
In this work it was implemented the numerical method of Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics (SPH) to solve plastic deformation problems. The SPH is a meshfree particle method, based on a Lagrangian formulation; this is a computationally efficient method that provides precision and stable solutions to integral and differential equations. This formulation includes the continuum mechanics equations for solids, modified by the Johnson-Cook model to represent the plastic behavior of metallic materials. Benchmarks problems and experimental validation are provided.
Palavras-chave: Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics, Plastic Deformation.,
-  J. J. Monaghan, “Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics,” Annual Review of Astronomy and Astrophysics, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 543-574, Sep. 1992.
-  W. Benz and E. Asphaug, “Simulations of brittle solids using smooth particle hydrodynamics,” Computer Physics Communications, vol. 87, no. 1–2, pp. 253-265, May 1995.
-  P. Randles and L. D. Libersky, “Smoothed particle hydrodynamics: some recent improvements and applications,” Computer methods in applied mechanics and, vol. 7825, no. 96, 1996.
-  J. J. Monaghan, “Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics and Its Diverse Applications,” Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, 2012.
-  G. R. Johnson, R. a. Stryk, and S. R. Beissel, “SPH for high velocity impact computations,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 139, no. 1–4, pp. 347-373, Dec. 1996.
-  L. D. Libersky and A. G. Petschek, Advances in the Free-Lagrange Method Including Contributions on Adaptive Gridding and the Smooth Particle Hydrodynamics Method, vol. 395. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 1991, pp. 248-257.
-  P. W. Cleary and R. Das, “The Potential for SPH Modelling of Solid Deformation and Fracture,” Media, pp. 287-296.
-  J. P. Gray, J. J. Monaghan, and R. P. Swift, “SPH elastic dynamics,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 190, no. 49–50, pp. 6641-6662, Oct. 2001.
-  S. Hiermaier, D. Konke, A. J. J. Stilp, K. Thoma, and D. Könke, “Computational simulation of the hypervelocity impact of al-spheres on thin plates of different materials,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, vol. 20, no. 1–5, pp. 363-374, Jan. 1997.
-  P. Cleary, M. Prakash, and J. Ha, “Novel applications of smoothed particle hydrodynamics (SPH) in metal forming,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 177, no. 1–3, pp. 41-48, Jul. 2006.
-  J. Limido, C. Espinosa, M. Salau, and J. L. Lacome, “SPH method applied to high speed cutting modelling,” International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 49, pp. 898-908, 2007.
-  G. R. Johnson and W. H. Cook, “A constitutive model and data for metals subjected to large strains, high strain rates and high temperatures,” Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Ballistics, vol. 547, no. 11. the hague, Netherlands, pp. 541-547, 1983.
-  G. R. Liu and M. B. Liu, Smoothed particle hydrodynamics: a meshfree particle method. Singapore: World Scientific Publishing Co., 2003.
-  M. B. Liu and G. R. Liu, “Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics (SPH): an Overview and Recent Developments,” Archives of Computational Methods in Engineering, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 25-76, 2010.
-  J. J. Monaghan, “Smoothed particle hydrodynamics,” Reports on Progress in Physics, vol. 68, no. 8, pp. 1703-1759, Aug. 2005.
-  R. Capuzzo-Dolcetta and R. Di Lisio, “Criterion for the choice of the interpolation kernel in smoothed particle hydrodynamics,” Applied Numerical Mathematics, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 363-371, Aug. 2000.
-  R. Gingold and J. Monaghan, “Kernel estimates as a basis for general particle methods in hydrodynamics,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 429-453, Jun. 1982.
-  P. Randles, T. Carney, and L. Libersky, “Calculation of oblique impact and fracture of tungsten cubes using smoothed particle hydrodynamics,” journal of impact, vol. 17, pp. 661-672, 1995.
-  P. W. Cleary and J. J. Monaghan, “Conduction Modelling Using Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics,” vol. 264, pp. 227-264, 1999.
-  F. Dunne and P. N, Introduction to computational plasticity. Oxford University Press, 2005.
-  E. A. de S. Neto, D. Peric, and D. R. J. Owen, Computational methods for plasticity: theory and applications. Swansea: WILEY A John and Sons,Ltd, 2008.
-  J. P. Gray and J. J. Monaghan, “Numerical modelling of stress fields and fracture around magma chambers,” Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, vol. 135, pp. 259-283, 2004.
-  J. J. Monaghan, “On the problem of penetration in particle methods,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 82, no. 1, pp. 1-15, May 1989.
-  J. J. Monaghan and A. Kos, “Solitary Waves on a Cretan Beach,” Journal of Waterway Port Coastal and Ocean Engineering, vol. 125, no. June, pp. 145-154, 1999.
-  Y. Amini, H. Emdad, and M. Farid, “A new model to solve fluid–hypo-elastic solid interaction using the smoothed particle hydrodynamics (SPH) method,” European Journal of Mechanics - B/Fluids, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 184-194, Mar. 2011.
-  S. Seo, O. Min, and J. Lee, “Application of an improved contact algorithm for penetration analysis in SPH,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 578-588, Jun. 2008.
-  G. A. Dilts, “Moving-least-squares-particle hydrodynamics I. Consistency and stability,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 1115-1155, Mar. 1999.
-  G. A. Dilts, “Moving least-squares particle hydrodynamics II: conservation and boundaries,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 1503-1524, Aug. 2000.
-  G. R. Johnson, “Artificial viscosity effects for SPH impact computations,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 477-488, Jul. 1996.
-  M. B. Liu, G. R. Liu, and K. Y. Lam, “Adaptive smoothed particle hydrodynamics for high strain hydrodynamics with material strength,” Shock Waves, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 21- 29, Jan. 2006.
Patiño, E.A.; Reyes, R.; García, D.A.; Sarmiento, A.F.; Arroyo, J.M.; Garzon, D.A.; "IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SMOOTHED PARTICLE HYDRODYNAMICS METHOD TO SOLVE PLASTIC DEFORMATION IN METALS", p. 4593-4606 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19997
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação