Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 8 - XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Design in Freedom
Article - Open Access.
Immersive Simulation in Instructional Design Studios
The paper describes the implementation of “immersive simulation studios” at Ball State University and their impact on architectural design education. This implementation is part of our on-going research efforts aimed to expand conventionally available digital design tools by including state-of-the-art virtual reality (VR) technology in design studios. Two consecutive immersive simulation studios were held during the academic year 2013-2014; we tested teaching/learning methodologies for effectively using the VR simulation to support the students in the design of architectural spaces. The results make reference to the learning outcomes from these implementations and the level of satisfaction of students using the tool.
Palavras-chave: Architectural Education, Design Studios, Virtual Reality, Immersive Simulation, Head-Mounted Display,
-  Angulo, A. (1995) On the conceptual feasibility of a CAAD-CAAI integrated decision support system. Delft University Press.
-  Angulo, Antonieta (2013) On the design of architectural spatial ex- periences using immersive simulation, in EAEA 11 Conference Proceedings, Envisioning Architecture: Design, Evaluation, Communication. Italy: Milan, pp 151-158.
-  Lathrop, W. Andamp; Kaiser, M. 2005. Acquiring spatial knowledge while traveling simple and complex paths with immersive and nonimmersive interfaces. Presence: Teleoperators and Virtual Environments, 14(3), 249–26
-  Waller, D., Hunt, E., Andamp; Knapp, D. 1998. The transfer of spatial knowledge in virtual environments training. Presence: Teleop- erators and Virtual Environments, 7(2), 129–143.
-  WorldViz (2013) Retrieved April, 2013 from: http://www.worldviz. com/products/vizard
Ângulo, Antonieta; Velasco, Guillermo Vásquez de; "Immersive Simulation in Instructional Design Studios", p. 236-240 . In: Proceedings of the XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Design in Freedom [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.8].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2014-0045
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação