Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
HIGH-ORDER SPECTRAL METHODS FOR COMPRESSIBLE FLOWS ON UNSTRUCTURED MESHES
The present work considers the use of high-order numerical methods for compressible aerodynamic solutions on unstructured meshes. The primary interest of the paper is to investigate the proper solution accuracy and efficiency of the Spectral Finite Volume (SFV) and Spectral Difference (SD) methods. The SFV method can easily be adapted to a finite volume solver while the SD method is designed for a finite difference framework. The mesh element support is also different for these schemes and will most likely affect the solution of a particular problem. The present work compares the order of accuracy and resolution capabilities of the two schemes for literature test cases.
Palavras-chave: High-order methods, Unstructured mesh, Spectral Difference, Spectral Finite Volume.,
-  Wang, Z. J., “Spectral (Finite) Volume Method for Conservation Laws on Unstructured Grids: Basic Formulation,” Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 178, No. 1, May 2002, pp. 210–25
-  Breviglieri, C., Basso, E., and Azevedo, J. L. F., “High-Order Unstructured Spectral Finite Volume Scheme for Aerodynamic Applications,” 26th AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, AIAA Paper No. 2008-7182, Honolulu, HI, Aug. 2008.
-  Breviglieri, C., Azevedo, J. L. F., Basso, E., and Souza, M. A. F., “Implicit High- Order Spectral Finite Volume Method for Inviscid Compressible Flows,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 48, No. 10, Oct. 2010, pp. 2365–2376.
-  Breviglieri, C. and Azevedo, J. L. F., “Unsteady Aerodynamic Applications Using High- Order Unstructured Grid Methods,” 50th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting Including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition, AIAA Paper No. 2012-0701, Nashville, TN, Jan. 2012.
-  Roe, P. L., “Approximatte Riemann Solvers, Parameter Vectors, and Difference Schemes,” Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 43, No. 2, 1981, pp. 357–372.
-  Wang, Z. J. and Liu, Y., “Spectral (Finite) Volume Method for Conservation Laws on Unstructured Grids II: Extension to Two-Dimensional Scalar Equation,” Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 179, No. 2, Jul. 2002, pp. 665–698.
-  Knuth, D. E., The Art of Computer Programming. 3:Sorting and Searching (2nd ed.), Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1998.
-  Liu, Y. and Vinokur, M., “Exact Integrations of Polynomials and Symmetric Quadrature Formulas over Arbitrary Polyhedral Grids,” Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 140, No. 1, Feb. 1998, pp. 122–147.
-  van den Abeele, K. and Lacor, C., “An Accuracy and Stability Study of the 2D Spectral Volume Method,” Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 226, No. 1, Sept. 2007, pp. 1007–1026.
-  Wang, Z. J., Liu, Y., May, G., and Jameson, A., “Spectral Difference Method for Unstructured Grids II: Extension to the Euler Equations,” Journal of Scientific Computing, Vol. 32, No. 1, 2007.
-  May, G. and Jameson, A., “A Spectral Difference Method for the Euler and Navier- Stokes Equations on Unstructured Meshes,” 44th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, AIAA Paper No. 2006-304, Reno, NV, Jan. 2006.
-  Shu, W. C., “TVB Uniformly High-Order Schemes for Conservation Laws,” Mathematics of Computation, Vol. 49, 1987, pp. 105–121.
-  Shapiro, A. H., The Dynamics and Thermodynamics of Compressible Fluid Flow,Wiley, New York, 1953.
-  Wang, Z. J. and Liu, Y., “Extension of the Spectral Volume Method to High-Order Boundary Representation,” Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 211, No. 1, Jan. 2006, pp. 154–178.
-  McDevitt, J. and Okuno, A. F., “Static and Dynamic Pressure Measurements on a NACA 0012 Airfoil in the Ames High Reynolds Number Facility,” NASA TP-2485, NASA, Jun. 1985.
Breviglieri, C.; Moreira, F. M.; Azevedo, J. L. F.; "HIGH-ORDER SPECTRAL METHODS FOR COMPRESSIBLE FLOWS ON UNSTRUCTURED MESHES", p. 1056-1075 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18256
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação