Março 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - 2nd International Conference of Art, Illustration and Visual Culture in Infant and Primary Education
Article - Open Access.
From the children’s author to the adult author: a story of the cycle(s) of the authorship(s)
From a previously performed work, the paper intends to deepen some content focused on issues of authorship. To do this, the paper reveals some examples of production of material culture that became references in my childhood and that also influenced my path in adolescence until adulthood. The paper also describes a history about my graphic expression in that period and also my influences, to better understand not only the results of my visual communication, but also to contextualize some personal decisions that, in some way, involved the ballast of the importance of the authorship. It is understood that this comparative study makes it possible to realize how the authorship, while producing images, plays a key role in the construction of identity, and allows to know some important authors who were part of my childhood universe, bringing to light names and unknown histories.
Palavras-chave: authorship, influences, identity, Portuguese design,
-  Ames, K. L. (2000). “Material cultures: why some things matter”. Journal of Design History 13/1, p. 74-75.
-  Attfield, J. (1999). “Beyond the pale: reviewing the relationship between material culture and design history”. Journal of Design History 12/4, p. 373-380.
-  Bonnell, V. E.; Hunt, L. (1999). Beyond the culture turn: new directions in the study of society and culture. Berkeley: University of Califórnia Press.
-  Clarke, A. J. (2001). “The aesthetics of social aspiration”, in D. Miller, ed. Home possessions: material culture behind closed doors. Oxford: Berg.
-  Fisher, T. H. (2004). “What we touch,touches us: materials, affects and affordances”. Design Issues, 20/4, p. 20-31.
-  Kingery, W. D. (1996). Learning from things: method and material of material culture studies.Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press.
-  Kopytoff, I. (1986). “The cultural biography of things: commoditization as process”, in A. Appadurai, ed., The social life of things: commodities in cultural perspective. Cambridge: University Press.
Barbosa, Helena; "From the children’s author to the adult author: a story of the cycle(s) of the authorship(s)", p. 137-141 . In: Barbosa, Helena; Quental, Joana [Eds]. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference of Art, Illustration and Visual Culture in Infant and Primary Education.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-695X, ISBN: 978-989-98185-0-7
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação