Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
FEM ANALYSIS OF THE FORGING PROCESS OF HUB PART FROM AZ80 MAGNESIUM ALLOY
The results of theoretical analysis of metal forming process of hub forging from AZ80 magnesium alloy are presented in this paper. Calculations were made with the application of commercial software based on finite element method. Simulations were conducted for two technologies of forging: on a die hammer and on a hydraulic press. Kinematics of material flow, strains, temperature and fracture criterion according to Cockroft-Latham were analyzed. Forging force in the case of press usage and impact energy in the case of hammer usage were calculated as well. On the basis of the obtained results, the analysis of limiting phenomena, which could appear during the process, was made. These phenomena include: possibility of overlapping presence, not filling of die impression, overheating of material and cracks. On the basis of calculations of forces and energy necessary for forming, required parameters of forging machines were chosen. Theoretical verification of hub part forging technology allowed to state that it is possible to obtain final product of assumed quality. The results of calculations provided the basis for planning of experimental tests in industrial conditions.
Palavras-chave: Forging process, Press, Hammer, AZ80 magnesium alloy,
-  Wu Y.J., Yang H., Sun Z. C., Fan X. G., "Simulation on influence of local loading conditions on material flow during rib-web components forming". China Mech. Eng. 17, 12-15, 2006.
-  Aghion E., Bronfin B., Eliezer D., "The role of the magnesium industry in protecting the environment". Journal of Materials Processing Technology 117, 381-385, 2001.
-  Wang Q., Zhang Z., Zhang X., Li G., " New extrusion process of Mg alloy automobile wheels". Trans. Nonferrous Met. Soc. China 20, 599-603, 2010.
-  Gontarz A., Dziubinska A., Okon L., "Determination of friction coefficient at elevated temperatures for some Al, Mg and Ti alloys". Archives of Metallurgy and Materials 56, 379-384, 2011.
-  Juan L., Zhenshan C., "Hot forging process design and parameters determination of magnesium alloy AZ31B spur bevel gear". Journal of Materials Processing Technology 209, 5871-5880, 2009.
-  Cockcroft M. G., Latham D. J., "Ductility and the workability of metals". Journal of the Institute of Metals 96, 33-39, 1968.
-  Zhao Z., Zhuang X., Xie X., "An improved ductile fracture criterion for fine-blanking process". J. Shanghai Jiaotong Univ. (Sci.) 13, 702-706, 2008.
Gontarz, A.; Pater, Z.; Drozdowski, K.; Tofil, A.; Tomczak, J.; "FEM ANALYSIS OF THE FORGING PROCESS OF HUB PART FROM AZ80 MAGNESIUM ALLOY", p. 456-466 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-16805
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação