fevereiro 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Artigo - Open Access.
EMULSION PROCESS OPTIMIZATION OF BRAZIL NUT OIL WITH CHEESE WHEY FOR ENCAPSULATION
Brazil nut is the cornerstone for sustainable economic exploitation of the Amazon region. Its nutritional importance relies specially on its lipid part, which represents around 70% of its nut, and it is constituted of mainly polyunsaturated fatty acids. Brazil nut oil is a rich source of the omega family, essential for the perfect functioning of the human body. Cheese whey is a valuable nutritive product with versatile functional properties. At the same time, cheese whey is one of the main sources of organic contamination in the dairy industry. The objective of this work was to optimize the emulsion process of Brazil nut oil and cheese whey for future encapsulation, in order to avoid degradation and maximize its use in the food industry. An experimental design formulation was applied to prepare emulsions containing Brazil nut oil, cheese whey, Arabic gum and lecithin where time of agitation, oil and whey concentrations were the independent variables. Emulsions were analyzed according to its stability under different storage conditions, microscopic structure and turbidity. Results indicate that emulsions stored at 4 °C showed the best stability indexes. Emulsion containing 17.5% w/w of oil and 30% w/w of cheese whey concentrations was the most stable. Results demonstrate that it is possible to emulsify Brazil nut oil with cheese whey in order to encapsulate.
-  Área temática: Engenharia e Tecnologia de Alimentos 7AGHBASHLO, M.; MOBLI, H.; MADADLOU, A.; RAFIEE, S. The correlation of wall material composition with flow characteristics and encapsulation behavior of fish oil. Food Res. Int., v. 49, p. 379-388, 2012.
-  BENDJABALLAH, M.; CANSELIER, J.P.; OUMENDDOUR, R.; Optimization of oil-in-water emulsion stability: experimental design, multiple light scattering, and acoustic attenuation spectroscopy. J. Dispersion Sc. Tech., v. 31, p. 1260-1272, 2010.
-  BYLAITE, E.; NYLANDER, T.; VENSKUTONIS, R.; JÖNSSON, B. Emulsification of caraway essential oil in water by lecithin and β-lactoglobulin: emulsion stability and properties of the formed oil-aqueous interface. Colloids Surf. B: Biointerfaces, v. 20, p. 327-340, 2001.
-  CHUAH, A.M.; KUROIWA, T.; KOBAYASHI, I.; NAKAJIMA, M. Effect of chitosan on the stability and properties of modified lecithin stabilized oil-in-water monodisperse emulsion prepared by microchannel emulsification. Food Hydrocoll., v. 23, p. 600-610, 2009.
-  DAMODARAN, S.; PARKIN, K.L.; FENNEMA, O.R. Química de alimentos de Fennema. Porto Alegre: Artmed, 2010.
-  GHARSALLAOUI, A.; ROUDAUT, G.; CHAMBIN, O.; VOILLEY, A.; SAUREL, R. Applications of spray-drying in microencapsulation of food ingredients: an overview. Food Res. Int., v. 40, p. 1107-1121, 2007.
-  KLAYPRADIT, W.; HUANG, Y-W. Fish oil encapsulation with chitosan using ultrasonic atomizer. Food Sci. Technol., v. 41, p. 1133-1139, 2008.
-  NEDOVIC, V.; KALUSEVIC, A.; MANOJLOVIC, V.; PETROVIC, T.; BUGARSKI, B. Encapsulation systems in the food industry. In: Advances in food process engineering research and applications. New York: Springer US, 2013.
-  PEARCE, K. N.; KINSELLA, J. E. Emulsifying properties of proteins: evaluation of a turbidimetric technique. J. Agric. Food Chem., v. 26, p. 716-723, 1978.
-  RODRIGUES, M.I.; LEMMA, A.F. Planejamento de experimentos e otimização de processos. Campinas: Casa do Espírito Amigo Fraternidade Fé e amor, 2009.
-  SILVERTOWN, J. Sustainability in a nutshell. Trends Ecol. Evolution, v. 19, p. 276-278, 2004.
-  SISO, M.I.G. The biotechnological utilization of cheese whey: a review. Bioresource Tech., v. 57, p. 1-11, 1996.
-  TONON, R.V.; GROSSO, C.R.F; HUBINGER, M.D. Influence of emulsion composition and inlet air temperature on the microencapsulation of flaxseed oil by spray drying. Food Res. Int., v. 44, p. 282-289, 2011.
-  TURCHIULI, C.; MUNGUIA, M.T.J.; SANCHEZ, M.H.; FERRE, H.C.; DUMOULIN, E. Use of different supports for oil encapsulation in powder by spray drying. Power Tech., v. 255, p. 103-108, 20
-  YANG, J. Brazil nuts and associated health benefits: a review. Food Sci. Technol., v. 42, p. 1573-1580, 2009.
PILETTI, T.; SANTOS, A. C. F. dos; LEHN, D. N.; "EMULSION PROCESS OPTIMIZATION OF BRAZIL NUT OIL WITH CHEESE WHEY FOR ENCAPSULATION", p. 4466-4473 . In: Anais do XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química - COBEQ 2014 [= Blucher Chemical Engineering Proceedings, v.1, n.2].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/chemeng-cobeq2014-1230-20363-176360
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação