dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 5 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies
Article - Open Access.
Different Phenomena for the Transformation of Multi -functionality of Domestic Spaces and Relevant Product Use Practices
In this paper, it is aimed to perform a reading on the different qualities of the notion of the multi-functionality of the domestic space and relevant units, furniture, artefacts and items through three different phenomena that have emerged throughout the analysis of the repertoire of the home cultures of Turkish society. Firstly, the phenomenon of ‘Multi-functional Central Space and the Mobile Objects’ which traditional and local lifestyles dominate is considered. After that, the multifunctionality qualities of the domestic space and the related units are analysed through the adoption process with modernization and Westernization tendencies after the foundation of Turkish Republic. Along with the analysis of the dichotomies between the family sitting room and the living room and related use notions, the phenomenon of ‘Multi-functional Sitting Room and the Inconspicuous Objects’ is defined and interpreted. For the contemporary era, the multifunctionalities of the living room and the furniture is considered through everyday practices to the living room area which has also a more informal identity than the previous periods. In this case, the multi-uses of the stable furniture together with different equipments are discussed. For the analysis of the contemporary living rooms and furniture, the recent issues of the home magazines were analysed. Through this analysis, the third phenomenon around the multi-functionality axe emerged: ‘Multi-functional Living Room and the Multi-functional Objects’.
Palavras-chave: multifunctional, function, use, living room, domestic space,
-  Ayata, S. (1988). The Contest of Status and The Uses of Liiving Room in Urban Middle Class Families , Toplum ve Bilim 42, Summer 1988: 5-25
-  Barandır, S. (2011). Evim, Issues From January to December, İstanbul: Doğan Burda Dergi Yayıncılık ve Pazarlama A.Ş.
-  Barandır, S. (2012). Evim, Issues From January to December, İstanbul: Doğan Burda Dergi Yayıncılık ve Pazarlama A.Ş.
-  Bordieu (1984). Distinction: A Social Critique of the Judgement of Taste, London: Routledge.
-  Bozdoğan, S. (2001). Modernism and the Nation Building, İstanbul: Metis Yayınları.
-  Brandes,U. (2009). Design by Use: The Everyday Metamorphosis of Things, Berlin: Birkhauser.
-  Chaney (1999). Lifestyles, Ankara: Dost Yayınevi.
-  Featherstone, M. (1991). Consumer Culture and Postmodernism, London: Sage Publicaions
-  Faroqhi, S. (2009). Men of Modest Substance: House Owners and House Property in 17th Century Ankara and Kayseri, İstanbul: Turkey İş Bankası Kültür Yayınları.
-  Günay, R. (1999). Turkish House Culture and Safranbolu Houses, YEM, İstanbul.
-  İşman, A. S. (2011). Home-Art, Issues From January to December, İstanbul: Turkuvaz Medya Grubu.
-  İşman, A. S. (2012). Home-Art, Issues From January to December, İstanbul: Turkuvaz Medya Grubu.
-  Kıray, M. (2006). Toplumsal Yapı Toplumsal Değişme (Social Structure and Social Change), İstanbul: Bağlam Yayıncılık.
-  Küçükerman, Ö. (2007). Turkish House in Search of Spatial Identity, Turing, İstanbul.
-  Nasır, E. B. (2012). A Reading on the Global Domestic Space Tendencies and Local Eating Units, 2nd International Product and Service Design Congress on Agricultural Industries, İzmir.
-  Yürekli, F. ve Yürekli, İ. (2005). Turkish House: Observations and Interpretations, İstanbul: Yapı Yayın.
Nasır, Esra Bici; "Different Phenomena for the Transformation of Multi -functionality of Domestic Spaces and Relevant Product Use Practices", p. 259-264 . In: Tradition, Transition, Tragectories: major or minor influences? [=ICDHS 2014 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-icdhs2014-0033
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação