fevereiro 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Artigo - Open Access.
DETERMINING THE MOISTURE TRANSFER PARAMETERS DURING CONVECTIVE DRYING OF SHRIMP
In the present work, the mass transfer parameters, namely moisture diffusivity and moisture transfer coefficient, of shrimp samples were evaluated by the analytical model proposed by Dincer and Dost. As part of the experimental work, the shrimps were submitted to boiling, in salt solution before drying. The experiments were performed under controlled conditions of drying air at temperature of 60°C and velocity of 1.5 m/s. Experimental dimensionless moisture content data were used to calculate the drying coefficients and lag factors, which were then incorporated into the analytical model for slab and cylinder shapes. The results showed a reasonably good agreement between the values predicted from the correlation and the experimental observations (R
-  AKPINAR, E. K.; DINCER, I. Moisture transfer models for slabs drying. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, v. 32, p. 80-93, 2005.
-  Drying condition Drying parameters D x 108 (m2/s) hm x 107 (m/s) Slab Cylinder Slab Cylinder WB 1.489 1.001 7.113 863 SB 960 050 13.290 5.539 SBS 305 1.573 10.665 4.369 Área temática: Engenharia e Tecnologia de Alimentos 7CORZO O.; BRACHO N.; ALVAREZ C.; RIVAS V.; ROJAS Y. Determining the moisture transfer parameters during the air-drying of mango slices using biot–dincer numbers correlation. Journal of Food Process Engineering, v. 31, p. 853-873, 2008.
-  DEMIREL, D.; TURHAN M. Air-drying behavior of Dwarf Cavendish and Gros Michel banana slices. Journal of Food Engineering, v. 59, p. 1-11, 200
-  DINCER, I.; DOST, S. An analytical model for moisture diffusion in solid objects during drying. Drying Technology, v. 13, p. 425-435, 1995.
-  DINCER, I.; DOST, S. A modeling study for moisture diffusivities and moisture transfer coefficients in drying of solid objects. International Journal of Energy Research, v. 20, p. 531-539, 1996.
-  DINCER, I. Moisture Loss from Wood Products During Drying-Part I: Moisture Diffusivities and Moisture Transfer Coefficients. Energy Sources, v. 20, p. 67-75, 1998.
-  DINCER I.; HUSSAIN M. M. Development of a new Bi–Di correlation for solids drying. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, v. 45, n. 15, p. 3065-3069, 2002.
-  DINCER, I.; HUSSAIN, M. M. Development of a new Biot number and lag factor correlation for drying applications. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, v. 47, p. 635-658, 2004.
-  ERGUNES, G.; TARHAN, S. Color retention of red peppers by chemical pretreatments during greenhouse and open sun drying. Journal of Food Engineering, v. 76, n. 3, p. 446-452, 2006.
-  GELY, M. C.; SANTALLA, E. M. Moisture diffusivity in quinoa (Chenopodium quinoa Willd.) seeds: Effect of air temperature and initial moisture content of seeds. Journal of Food Engineering, v. 78, n. 3, p. 1029-1033, 2007.
-  GIOVANELLI, G.; ZANONI, V.; LAVELLI, V.; NANI, R. Water sorption, drying and antioxidant properties of tomato products. Journal of Food Engineering, v. 52, p. 135-141, 2002.
-  GUINÉ, R. P. F.; BARROCA, M. J.; SILVA, V. Mass transfer properties of pears for different drying methods. International Journal of Food Properties, v. 16, p. 251-262, 2013.
-  KOC, A. B.; TOY, M.; HAYOGLU, I.; VARDIN, H. Performance of a solar dryer used for red pepper drying. J. Agric. Fac. HR. U., v. 8, n. 2, p. 57-65, 2004.
-  MRKIĆ, V.; UKRAINCZYK, M.; TRIPALO, B. Applicability of moisture transfer Bi–Di correlation for convective drying of broccoli. Journal of Food Engineering, v. 79, n. 2, p. 640-646, 2007.
-  SARAVACOS, G. S.; MAROULIS, Z. B. Transport properties of foods. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc., p. 105-237, 2001.
-  TRIPATHY, P. P.; KUMAR, S. A methodology for determination of temperature dependent mass transfer coefficients from drying kinetics: Application to solar drying. Journal of Food Engineering, v. 90, n. 2, p. 212-218, 2009.
-  TSAMI E.; KATSIOTI M. Drying kinetics for some fruits: Predicting of porosity and color during drying. Drying Technology, v. 18, n. 7, p 1559-1581, 2000.
SILVA, M. V. C.; PINHEIRO, R. C.; SILVA, L. H. M.; RODRIGUES, A. M. C.; "DETERMINING THE MOISTURE TRANSFER PARAMETERS DURING CONVECTIVE DRYING OF SHRIMP", p. 5085-5092 . In: Anais do XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química - COBEQ 2014 [= Blucher Chemical Engineering Proceedings, v.1, n.2].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/chemeng-cobeq2014-2001-16472-153254
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação