dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 5 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies
Article - Open Access.
Design Education – The Case Study Daciano da Costa
This paper, which stems from a developing research project, aims to disseminate among the international scientific community the thought of Daciano da Costa (1930-2005) given the importance he conferred to Drawing in the Design Process, throughout his teaching career and his professional practice as a reference figure in the Design of the twentieth century in Portugal. We cannot speak about Portuguese Design without referring to Daciano da Costa. Daciano da Costa played a pioneer role on Design’s theory fundaments in Portugal and an important pedagogic role as a teacher. He created and implemented the Design Graduation Degree Plan, established in 1991 at the Faculty of Architecture, Technical University of Lisbon, being its coordinator since then until 2003. His pedagogical action in teaching the Drawing subject demonstrates the importance he ascribed to it in Design learning. Daciano’s drawing teaching method was remarkably operational stimulating invention through a methodology that enhances and favours the operational Drawing characteristics within the Design process. We intend to establish the relations between Design and Drawing. The relevance of Drawing in the conceptual process in Design will be based on the Case Study Daciano da Costa. The Drawing Teaching Method implemented by Daciano da Costa, because of his own methodological specificity, presents a critical and operative character which confers it a permanent actuality in Design training.
Palavras-chave: design education, Daciano da Costa, drawing, design process,
-  Baeza, A. C. (2011) Pensar com as Mãos, Lisboa: Caleidoscópio.
-  Costa, D. (1994) Croquis de Viagem, Daciano da Costa, Travel Drawings, Lisboa: Livros Horizonte.
-  Costa, D. (1998) Design e Mal-Estar, Lisboa: Centro Português de Design.
-  Cross, N. (2005) Engineering Design Methods, Strategies for Product Design, Chichester, England: John Wiley Andamp; Sons Ltd.
-  Lawson, B. (1995) How Designers Think – The Designers Process Demystified, Oxford: Elsevier Architectural Press.
-  Manzini, E. (1993) A Matéria da Invenção, Lisboa: CPD.
-  Moreira da Silva, A. (2010) De Sansedoni a Vasari: um contributo para o estudo do Desenho como fundamento do processo conceptual em Arquitectura, Lisboa: Universidade Lusíada Editora.
-  Munari, B. (1993) Das Coisas Nascem Coisas, Lisboa: Edições 70.
-  Providência, F. (1999) ‘Desejo, Desenho, Desígnio’, Anuário do Centro Português de Design, Design é Tudo, Lisboa: CPD, p.134.
-  Sparke, P. (2004) An Introduction to Design and Culture, London: Routledge.
Silva, Ana Moreira da; "Design Education – The Case Study Daciano da Costa", p. 133-137 . In: Tradition, Transition, Tragectories: major or minor influences? [=ICDHS 2014 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-icdhs2014-0012
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação