fevereiro 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies
Full Article - Open Access.
Corporate identity in a global market: the challenge of the Jotun company
Globalization is creating universality, but also estimation of difference. This is a challenge to firms that are working globally. A corporate identity should be comprehensible universally, but also attractive in various countries. The branding of the Norwegian firm Jotun is an example of this schism. The study shows that Jotun’s competitiveness would be improved by communicating its origin and making culture based local adaptations to its products.
Palavras-chave: Corporate identity, Globalization, Jotun, Dubai, China, Branding, Akzo Nobel,
-  Almestrand, K. 2010 Interview with retired Jotun Group Managing Director February 19.
-  Bryn, T. 1998 Vision, colour, form: The history of Jotun. Sandefjord: Jotun.
-  Hermansen, A. 2006 Interview with Jotun’s General Manager in Dubai.
-  Jacob, R. 2011 “Tastes of the newly wealthy”, Financial times March 7.
-  Jotun 2006 Konsernmagasin 2005-2006.
-  Jotun 2006 Penguin Magazine, 2.
-  Jotun 2010-12 Annual Reports 2009-2011.
-  Jotun Uae (2006) Brochures.
-  Larsen, L. 2010 Interview with Jotun’s Manager of Colour Schemes April 4.
-  Lash, S. 2010 Intensive culture: Social theory, religion and contemporary capitalism. London: Sage.
-  Naglestad, B. 2010 Interviews with Jotun China’s general manager of coatings May 22 and September 9 2010.
-  Quide, C. 2010 Concert theme “coloured by culture” held at Expo. China daily October 26.
-  Robertson, R. 1992 Globalization: Social theory and global culture. London: Sage.
-  www.akzonobel.com/uk/aboutus/company_over view/identity/12.04.2012.
-  www.coatingsworld.com/cintents/view_breaking-news/2007-09-19.
-  www.coatingsworld.com/issues/2010-03.
-  www.coatingsworld.com/issues/2010-11.
-  www.identityworks.com/reviews/2008/AkzoNobel.htm.
Skjerven, Astrid; "Corporate identity in a global market: the challenge of the Jotun company", p. 185-188 . In: Farias, Priscila Lena; Calvera, Anna; Braga, Marcos da Costa & Schincariol, Zuleica (Eds.). Design frontiers: territories, concepts, technologies [=ICDHS 2012 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies]. São Paulo: Blucher, 2012.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, ISBN: 978-85-212-0692-7
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação