Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 8 - XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Design in Freedom
Article - Open Access.
Context-Aware Multi-Agent Systems: Negotiating Intensive Fields
This paper presents research into a technique using context-aware agent based branching L-systems to design explore an urban development scheme in an area of peripheral Mexico City. The design research demonstrates a viable approach to engaging design with specific agent driven objectives that negotiate across highly differentiated fields of data sets. These data sets are the driving force behind this technique, to generate highly differentiated infrastructure and urban networks that are simulated to be autonomous and emergent. The described system consists of simulated robotic autonomous agents that sample and negotiate across data from the site, and react to differences in order to deploy an irrigation network for a polluted and highly saline former lake-bed east of Mexico City.
Palavras-chave: Multi-Agent Systems, L-Systems, Generative Urban Design, Multi-Objective Optimization: Design Agency,
-  Allen, Stanley. 1997. “From object to field.” Architectural design no. 67 (5-6):24-3
-  Anaya Rodríguez, Edgar. 1995. “The Industry of Earth Salt in the Valley of Mexico: A prehispanic method in the verge of disappearing.” In Salt in Mexico, edited by Juan Carlos Reyes, 223-248. University of Colima, General Bureau of Popular Cultures-CNCA,. SIGRADI 2014
-  Aranda, Benjamin, and Chris Lasch. 2006. “Flocking.” In Tooling. New York: Princeton Architectural Press.
-  Baharlou, Ehsan, and Achim Menges. 2013. Generative Agent- Based Design Computation. In Computation and Performance – Proceedings of the 31st eCAADe Conference edited by Rudi and Sariyildiz Stouffs, Sevil (eds.). Faculty of Architecture, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands, : eCAADe
-  Broughton, T., Tan, A., and P.S. Coates. 1997. The Use of Genetic Programming In Exploring 3D Design Worlds - A Report of Two Projects by Msc Students at CECA UEL, CAAD Futures 1997 [Conference Proceedings / ISBN 0-7923-4726-9] München (Germany), 4-6 August 1997, pp. 885-91
-  Bus, Peter. 2012. Emergence as a Design Strategy in Urban Development: Using Agent-Oriented Modelling in Simulation of Reconfiguration of the Urban Structure. In Digital Physicality - Proceedings of the 30th eCAADe Conference, edited by Henri;
-  Pavlicek Achten, Jiri; Hulin, Jaroslav; Matejdan, Dana (eds.). Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Architecture (Czech Republic)
-  Coras-Merino, Pablo Miguel. 2006. “Climatic Elements and their relation to fluctuations on water table depths.” TERRA Latin American no. 24 (3, July-September):375-382.
-  Chan, Chen-Wei, and Mao-Lin Chiu. 2000. A Simulation Study of Urban Growth Patterns with Fractal Geometry. In CAADRIA 2000 [Proceedings of the Fifth Conference on Computer Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia / ISBN 981-04-2491-4] Singapore 18-19 May 2000, pp. 55-64.
-  De Landa, Manuel. 2011. Philosophy and simulation: the emergence of synthetic reason. London ;New York: Continuum.
-  Doumpioti, Christina. 2010. Fibre composite systems: stress as growth-promoting agent. In Proceedings of the 15th Inter- national Conference on Computer Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia.
-  Flager, Forest, David Jason Gerber, and Ben Kallman. 2014. “Measuring the impact of scale and coupling on solution quality for building design problems.” Design Studies no. 35 (2):180-199. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j. destud.2013.11.001.
-  Gerber, David Jason. 2007. Parametric practices: Models for design exploration in architecture. Dissertation, Architecture, Harvard Graduate School of Design, Cambridge, MA.
-  Gerber, David Jason, and Shih-Hsin Eve Lin. 2013. “Design- ing in complexity: Simulation, integration, and multidis- ciplinary design optimization for architecture.” Simula- tion no. Published online before print April 9, 2013. doi: 10.1177/0037549713482027.
-  Gerber, David, Rodrigo Shiordia, Sreerag Veetil, and Arjun Mahesh. 2014. Design Agency: Prototyping Multi-Agent System Simulation for Design Search and Exploration. In 2014 Proceedings of the Symposium on Simulation for Architecture and Urban Design edited by David and Goldstein Gerber, Rhys. Tampa, FL, USA: SIMULATION COUNCILS, INC.
-  Hanafin, Stuart, Sambit Datta, and Bernard Rolfe. 2011. Tree facades: Generative modelling with an axial branch rewriting system. In Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Computer Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia / The University of Newcastle, Australia 27-29 April 2011, pp. 175-184.
-  Leach, Neil. 2009. “Swarm Urbanism.” Architectural Design no. 79 (4):56-63. doi: 10.1002/ad.918.
-  Lin, Shih-Hsin Eve, and David Jason Gerber. 2014. “Designing-in performance: A framework for evolutionary energy performance feedback in early stage design.” Automation in Construction no. 38:59-73. doi: 10.1016/j.autcon.2013.10.007.
-  Lindenmayer, Astrid. 1968. “Mathematical models for cellular interaction in development.” Theoret. Biology no. 18:280—315.
-  Poletto, Marco, and Claudia Pasquero. 2012. Systemic architecture: operating manual for the self-organizing city. Abingdon, Oxon [England] ;New York, NY: Routledge.
-  Popov, Nikolay. 2011. Generative sub-division morphogenesis with Cellular Automata and Agent-Based Modelling, RESPECTING FRAGILE PLACES [29th eCAADe Conference Proceedings / ISBN 978-9-4912070-1-3], University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Architecture (Slovenia) 21-24 September 2011, pp.166-174.
-  Reynolds, Craig. 1987. “Flocks, Herds, and Schools: A Distributed Behavioral Model.” Computer Graphics no. 21 (4, Diseño July 1987):25-34.
-  Sanchez, Jose. 2013. Plethora, A Library for the Programming Environment Processing Jose Sanchez.
-  Schmidt, Karsten. 2012. Toxiclibs, Building Blocks for Compu- tational Design.
-  Serrato-Combe, Antonio. 2005. Lindenmayer Systems – Ex- perimenting with Software String Rewriting as an Assist to the Study and Generation of Architectural Form, SIGraDi 2005 - [Proceedings of the 9th Iberoamerican Congress of Digital Graphics] Lima - Peru 21-24 november 2005, vol. 1, pp. 161-166.
-  Shiffman, Daniel. 2012. The Nature of Code. Simulating Natural Systems with Processing.
-  Snooks, Roland. 2013. Snooks, Roland. Fibrous Assemblag- es and Behavioral Composites, The Funambulist. Accessed July 25th. 2012 [cited July 25th 2013 2013]. Available from http://thefunambulist.net/2012/04/20/guest-writ- ers-essays-25-fibrous-assemblages-and-behavioral-compos- ites-by-roland-snooks/.
-  Snooks, Roland. 2013. “Behavioral Formation Andamp; Material Assemblages.” In Fresh Punches: Experimental Architecture Exhibition Catalogue, edited by Nathan Hume, et. al.
-  Tsiliakos, Marios. 2012. Swarm Materiality: A multi-agent approach to stress driven material organization. In Digital Physicality - Proceedings of the 30th eCAADe Conference.
-  Weinstock, Michael, and Nikolaos Stathopoulos. 2006. “Advanced simulation in design.” Architectural Design no. 76 (2):54-59. doi: 10.1002/ad.240.
-  Werkbund, Bayern, and Stuck Museum Villa. 1995. Frei Otto, Bodo Rasch: finding form : towards an architecture of the minimal : the Werkbund shows Frei Otto, Frei Otto shows Bodo Rasch : exhi- bition in the Villa Stuck, Munich, on the occasion of the award of the 1992 Deutscher Werkbund Bayern prize to Frei Otto and Bodo Rasch. Stuttgart?: Axel Menges.
-  Willmann, Jan, Thomas Cadalbert Federico Augugliaro, ., and et al. 2012. “Aerial Robotic Construction Towards a New Field of Architectural Research.” International Journal of Architectural Computing no. 10 (3):439-459.
López, Rodrigo Shiordia; Gerber, David Jason; "Context-Aware Multi-Agent Systems: Negotiating Intensive Fields", p. 138-143 . In: Proceedings of the XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Design in Freedom [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.8].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2014-0024
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação