Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
COMPRESSIBILITY EFFECTS ON AIRFOIL TRAILING EDGE NOISE GENERATION AND PROPAGATION
The present investigation of airfoil trailing edge noise concerns the broadband noise that arises from the interaction of turbulent boundary layers with the airfoil trailing edge and the tonal noise that arises from vortex shedding generated by laminar boundary layers. We address aspects of noise generation and propagation such as the effects of mean flow convection on the calculation of sound directivity, of compressibility and quadrupole sources on sound radiation. Large eddy simulations (LES) are conducted for a NACA0012 airfoil with rounded trailing edge for two flow configurations with different freestream Mach numbers (M1 = 0:115 and 0:4) for an angle of incidence AoA = 5 deg. The Reynolds number based on the airfoil chord is fixed at Rec = 408000. The acoustic predictions are performed by the Ffowcs Williams Andamp; Hawkings (FWH) acoustic analogy formulation and incorporate convective effects. Aeroacoustic results are compared to experimental data for a case which presents a broad vortex shedding tone and good agreement is observed.
Palavras-chave: Airfoil noise, LES, Acoustic analogy, Broadband noise, Tonal noise.,
-  Brooks, T. F., Pope, D. S., and Marcolini, M. A., Airfoil Self-Noise and Prediction, NASA Reference Publication 1218, NASA, 1989.
-  Sandberg, R. D., Jones, L. E., and Sandham, N. D., “Direct Numerical Simulations of Noise Generated by Turbulent Flow Over Airfoils,” Proceedings of the 14th AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference, AIAA Paper 2008-2861, 2008, pp. 1–14.
-  Marsden, O., Bogey, C., and Bailly, C., “Direct Noise Computation of the Turbulent Flow Around a Zero-Incidence Airfoil,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 46, 2008, pp. 874–88
-  Sandberg, R. D., Jones, L. E., and Sandham, N. D., “Investigation and Prediction of Transitional Airfoil Self-Noise,” Proceedings of the 15th AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference, AIAA Paper 2009-3104, 2009, pp. 1–13.
-  Gloerfelt, X., and Le Garrec, T., “Trailing Edge Noise from an Isolated Airfoil at a High Reynolds Number,” Proceedings of the 15th AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference, AIAA Paper 2009-3201, 2009, pp. 1–26.
-  Winkler, J., Moreau, S., and Carolus, T., “Large-Eddy Simulation and Trailing-Edge Noise Prediction of an Airfoil with Boundary-Layer Tripping,” Proceedings of the 15th AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference, AIAA Paper 2009-3197, 2009, pp. 1–25.
-  Jones, L. E., Sandham, N. D., and Sandberg, R. D., “Acoustic Source Identification for Transitional Airfoil Flows Using Cross Correlations,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 48, 2010, pp. 2299–2312.
-  Winkler, J., Moreau, S., and Carolus, T., “Airfoil Trailing Edge Noise Prediction from Large-Eddy Simulation: Influence of Grid Resolution and Noise Model Formulations,” Proceedings of the 16th AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference, AIAA Paper 2010- 3704, 2010, pp. 1–17.
-  Ffowcs Williams, J. E., and Hawkings, D. L., “Sound Generation by Turbulence and Surface in Arbitrary Motion,” Philosophical Transaction of the Royal Society of London, Series A, Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Vol. 264, 1969, pp. 321–342.
-  Wolf,W. R., and Lele, S. K., “Acoustic Analogy Formulations Accelerated by Fast Multipole Method for Two-Dimensional Aeroacoustic Problems,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 48, 2010, pp. 2274–2285.
-  Wolf, W. R., and Lele, S. K., “Wideband Fast Multipole Boundary Element Method: Application to Acoustic Scattering from Aerodynamic Bodies,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, Vol. 67, 2011, pp. 2108-2129.
-  Wolf, W. R., and Lele, S. K., “Aeroacoustic Integrals Accelerated by Fast Multipole Method,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 49, 2011, pp. 1466-1477.
-  Nagarajan, S., Lele, S. K., and Ferziger, J. H., “A Robust High-Order Method for Large Eddy Simulation,” Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 191, 2003, pp. 392–419.
-  Bhaskaran, R., Large Eddy Simulation of High Pressure Turbine Cascade, PhD Thesis, Stanford University, 2010.
-  Beam, R. M., and Warming, R. F., “An Implicit Factored Scheme for the Compressible Navier-Stokes Equations,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 16, 1978, pp. 393–402.
-  Lilly, D. K., “A Proposed Modification of the Germano Subgrid-scale Closure Method,” Physics of Fluids, Vol. 4, 1992, pp. 633–635.
-  Nagarajan, S., Leading Edge Effects in Bypass Transition, PhD Thesis, Stanford University, 2004.
-  Lockard, D. P., “A Comparison of Ffowcs Williams-Hawkings Solvers for Airframe Noise Applications,” Proceedings of the 8th AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference, AIAA Paper 2002-2580, 2002, pp. 1–11.
-  Wolf, W. R., and Lele, S. K., “Trailing Edge Noise Predictions Using Large Eddy Simulation and Acoustic Analogy,” AIAA Journal, accepted for publication.
-  Wolf,W. R., Airfoil Aeroacoustics: LES and Acoustic Analogy Predictions, PhD Thesis, Stanford University, 2011.
-  Wang, M., and Moin, P., “Computation of Trailing-Edge Flow and Noise Using Large- Eddy Simulation,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 38, 2000, pp. 2201–2209.
Wolf, W. R.; Azevedo, J. L. F.; Lele, S. K.; "COMPRESSIBILITY EFFECTS ON AIRFOIL TRAILING EDGE NOISE GENERATION AND PROPAGATION", p. 980-994 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18222
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação