fevereiro 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Artigo - Open Access.
CHARACTERISATION OF ASYMMETRIC ALUMINA HOLLOW FIBRE MEMBRANES
Ceramic membranes are widely used for separations. They can be configured as flat discs, finite tubes or hollow fibres. Hollow fibres present some advantages such as the higher ratio between membrane and system areas. Moreover, the asymmetric structure, presenting regions of different pore sizes, should be carefully prepared in order to achieve greater permeabilities. Here we analyze the permeability and the morphology of asymmetric alumina hollow fibres which were prepared at different conditions. The hollow fibres were fabricated using the phase inversion/sintering method. Different internal coagulants and sintering temperatures were applied. The hollow fibres were characterised by scanning electronic microscopy, water and nitrogen permeations and mechanical strength. The obtained results showed that more fingers are obtained when solvent mixed with water is used as internal coagulant, instead of pure water. As consequence, these membranes presented greater permeabilities. The permeability also increased with the decrease in the sintering temperature. However, the decrease in the sintering temperature decreased the mechanical strength of the fibre. In conclusion, more permeable asymmetric hollow fibres were obtained using solvent as internal coagulant and applying lower sintering
-  GARCIA-GARCIA, F.R., RAHMAN, M.A., KINGSBURY, B. F. K., LI, K. Asymmetric ceramic hollow fibres: New micro-supports for gas-phase catalytic reactions. Applied Catalysis A: General, 393, p. 71-77, 201
-  HABERT, A. C., BORGES, C. P., NOBREGA, R. Processos de separação por membranas. Rio de Janeiro: E-papers, 2006.
-  HATIM, M. D. I., TAN, X. Y., WU, Z. T., LI, K. Pd/Al2O3 composite hollow fibre membranes: Effect of substrate resistances on H2 permeation properties. Chemical Engineering Science, 66, p. 1150-1158, 2011.
-  KINGSBURY, B.F.K., LI, K. A morphological study of ceramic hollow fibre membranes. Journal of Membrane Science, 328(1-2), p. 134-140, 2009.
-  LI, K., TAN, X., LIU, Y. Single-step fabrication of ceramic hollow fibres for oxygen permeation. Journal of Membrane Science, 272, p. 1-5, 2006.
-  LOEB, S., SOURIRAJAN, S. Seawater demineralization by means of an osmotic membrane, Advances in Chemistry Series, 38, p. 117–132, 1963.
-  OTHMAN, M. H. D., WU, Z. T., DROUSHIOTIS, N., DORASWAMI, U., KELSALL, G., LI, K. Single-step fabrication and characterisations of electrolyte/anode dual-layer hollow fibres for micro-tubular solid oxide fuel cells, Journal of Membrane Science, 351, p. 196-204, 2010.
-  PAN, X. L., STROH, N., BRUNNER, H., XIONG, G. X., SHENG, S. S. Pd/ceramic hollow ﬁbers for H2 separation. Separation and. Purification. Technology, 32, p. 265-270, 2003.
-  SUN, G. B., HIDAJAT, K., KAWI, S. Ultra thin Pd membrane on Al2O3 hollow ﬁber by electroless plating: High permeance and selectivity. Journal of Membrane Science, 284, p. 110–119, 2006.
-  WU, Z.T., FAIZ, R., LI, T., KINGSBURY, B.F.K., LI, K. A controlled sintering process for more permeable ceramic hollow fibre membranes. Journal of Membrane Science, 446, p. 286-293, 2013.
LEMOS, C. O. T.; SILVA, F. B. da; REIS, M. H. M.; GIL, A. M. G.; LI, K.; "CHARACTERISATION OF ASYMMETRIC ALUMINA HOLLOW FIBRE MEMBRANES", p. 15139-15146 . In: Anais do XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química - COBEQ 2014 [= Blucher Chemical Engineering Proceedings, v.1, n.2].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/chemeng-cobeq2014-0669-24512-156188
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação