Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 8 - XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Design in Freedom
Article - Open Access.
Categorization of building product models in BIM Content Library portals
BIM Content Libraries are performing as online sources for building product models. In order to effectively use the product models, it is important to organize them systematically within these databases. But currently there is no standard or guideline for this purpose. Products in these libraries are being categorized based on different criteria such as the object classes in the target platform, by referring to multiple classification systems or based on customized categories. This paper studies some of the BIM Content Libraries and investigates the structure that each library is using for product categorization. It indicates the need for a generic framework for the purpose of product categorization in BIM Content Libraries.
Palavras-chave: BIM objects, Product models, Building models, BIM Content Library, Product category,
-  Autodesk. (2011). Autodesk Seek. Autodesk.
-  Autodesk. (2013). Building Products, Equipment Andamp; Fabrication. Retrieved Nov 2013, from Autodesk: http://www.autodesk.com/industry/product-design-manufacturing/building-prod-ucts-equipment-fabrication
-  Beetz, J., van Leeuwen, J., and de Vries, B., (2008), IfcOWL: A case of transforming EXPRESS schemas into ontologies, Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Design, Analysis and Manufacturing, 23:89-101 buildingSMART. (2014). BuildingSMART Data Dictionary (bSDD). Retrieved Sep 2014 from buildingSMART: http://www.buildingsmart.org/standards/ifd
-  Eastman, C, (1999). Building Product Models: Computer Environments Supporting Design and Construction, CRC Press, Inc. Boca Raton, FL, USA.
-  Eastman, C., Teicholz, P., Sacks, R., Andamp; Liston, K. (2011). BIM handbook: A Guide to Building Information Modeling for Owners, Managers, Designers, Engineers and Contractors, Chapter 5, (pp.240-253). Wiley.
-  Elmasri, R., Andamp; Navathe, S. (2010). Fundamentals of database systems, sixth edition, Chapter 14, (pp.540-545). Boston, Pearson/Addison Wesley.
-  Ekholm , A. (1999). Co-ordination of classifications for product modelling and established building. Proceedings of CIB W78 Workshop at the 8dbmc conference. Vancouver, Canada; May 30-June3: NRC Research Press. Retrieved Sep 2014 from http://www.lth.se/fileadmin/projekteringsmetodik/research/ Construction_informatics/Ekholm_W78_99.pdf
-  Ekholm, A. (1996). A conceptual framework for classification of construction works. ITcon (Electronic Journal of Information Technology in Construction) Vol.1, p.1-25.
-  Ekholm, A., Andamp; Häggström, L. (2011). Building classification for BIM – Reconsidering the framework. Proceedings of the CIB W078-W102: 2011 Joint International Conference. Sophia Antipolis, France; 26-28 October. Retrieved Sep 2014 from http://2011-cibw078-w102.cstb.fr/papers/Paper-20.pdf
-  Gursel, I.k, Sariyildiz, S., Stouffs, R.i, Akin, Ö. (2009) Tidafi, T. and Dorta, T. (eds) Contextual Ontology Support as External Knowledge Representation for Building Information Model- ing, Joining Languages, Cultures and Visions: CAADFutures 2009, pp 487-500.
-  Hamil, S. (2013, Feb). The benefits of using a structured approach to data. Retrieved Sep 2014 from NBS: http://www.thenbs. com/topics/DesignSpecification/articles/benefitsOfStructure- dApproachData.asp
-  Howard, R. (2001). Classification of building information- Euro- pean and IT systems. In B. F. Coetzee G (Ed.), Proceedings of IT in construction in Africa. Mpumalunga, South Africa ; 30 May - 1 June. Retrieved Sep 2014 from ITC Digital Library: http://itc.scix.net/data/works/att/w78-2001-content.pdf
-  IMAGINiT. (2011). BIM for Manufacturers. Retrieved Sep 2014, from IMAGINiT: http://www.imaginit.com/services/consult- ing-services/bim-for-manufacturers
-  Jørgensen, K. A. (2011). Classification of building object types- Misconceptions, challenges and opportunities. Proceedings of CIB W78-W102 International Conference. Sophia Antipolis, France; 26-28 October. Retrieved Sep 2014 from http://2011- cibw078-w102.cstb.fr/papers/Paper-24.pdf
-  Keijer, U. (1993). Building integrity: Classification beyond building parts and spaces. In K. Mathur , M. Betts , Andamp; K. Tham (Ed.), Management of information technology for construction. Singapore: August 1993.
-  Mordue, S. (2012, Jul). National BIM Library generic content release 2. Retrieved Sep 2014 from NBS: http://www.thenbs. com/topics/bim/articles/nblgenericcontentrelease2.asp
-  Rundell, R. (2008, Jan 1). BIM and Building Product Manufactur- ers. Retrieved Sep 2014, from cadalyst: http://www.cadalyst. com/aec/bim-and-building-product-manufacturers-1-2-3-re- vit-tutorial-3699
Afsari, Kereshmeh; Eastman, Chuck; "Categorization of building product models in BIM Content Library portals", p. 370-374 . In: Proceedings of the XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Design in Freedom [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.8].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2014-0074
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação