Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 8 - XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Design in Freedom
Article - Open Access.
Campus Information Model: A Participatory Design Tool to Support Qualitative Decision Making
This paper presents our Campus Information Model from a participatory perspective. The primary goal of our Campus Information Model (CIM) is to gather several disciplinary goals into a single model as the platform for collaboration. This intermediate-scale model integrates information and expert knowledge about a university campus design, including landscape planning and building design, allowing users to obtain quantitative feedback in real time to support design facilitating their specific goals. This paper describes first, the concept of collaboration; second, the collaborative system CIM; and third, the strategies to bring quantitative and qualitative goals to the same design environment.
Palavras-chave: Campus Information Model, Participatory Design, Design Decision-making, Campus Design,
-  Applegate, L. M., Konsynski, B. R., Andamp; Nunamaker, J. F. (1986, December). A group decision support system for idea generation and issue analysis in organization planning. In Proceedings of the 1986 ACM conference on Computer-sup- ported cooperative work (pp. 16-34). ACM.
-  Asaro, P. M. (2000). Transforming society by transforming technology: the science and politics of participatory design. Accounting, Management and Information Technologies, 10(4), 257-290.
-  Ball, J., Capanni, N., Andamp; Watt, S. (2005). Virtual reality for mu- tual understanding in landscape planning. Development, 2.
-  Béguin, P. (2003). Design as a mutual learning process between users and designers. Interacting with Computers, 15(5), 709-730. Bevan, N. (2001). International Standards for HCI and Usabil- ity. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 55, p. 533-552.
-  Birt, A. G., Xi, W., Andamp; Coulson, R. N. (2009). LANDISVIEW: A visualization tool for landscape modelling. Environmental Modelling Andamp; Software, 24(11), 1339-1341.
-  Cyros, K. L., Andamp; Korb, R. (2006). Postsecondary Education Facilities Inventory and Classification Manual (FICM): 2006 Edition.
-  CMPU Landscape Master Plan (2010). Retrieved September, 2011, from Georgia Institute of Technology, Space and Management, website, http://www.space.gatech.edu/landscapeplan.
-  Fall, A., Daust, D., Andamp; Morgan, D. G. (2001). A framework and software tool to support collaborative landscape analysis: fitting square pegs into square holes. Transactions in GIS, 5(1), 67-86.
-  Gómez, P., Shaw, J., Swarts, M., MacDaniel, J., Soza Ruiz, P. A., Andamp; Moore, D. (2013). Campus Landscape Information Modeling: Intermediate Scale Model that Embeds Information and Multidisciplinary Knowledge for Landscape Planning.
-  Krathwohl, D. R. (2002). A revision of Bloom’s taxonomy: An overview. Theory into practice, 41(4), 212-218.
-  MacEachren, A. M., Cai, G., Brewer, I., Andamp; Chen, J. (2006). Supporting map-based geocollaboration through natural interfaces to large-screen displays. Cartographic Perspectives, (54), 16-34.
-  Piper, B., Ratti, C., Andamp; Ishii, H. (2002, April). Illuminating clay: a 3-D tangible interface for landscape analysis. In Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on Human factors in computing systems (pp. 355-362). ACM.
-  Sasaki (2012, June 4). Smartplan with Sasaki [Web blog post]. Retrieved from http://www.sasaki.com/blog/view/182/
-  Soza Ruiz, P. A., Gómez, P., Swarts, M., Andamp; Shaw, J. (2013). On the Process of Building Knowledge to Support the Design of Digital Tools: A Case Study for Future Residential Buildings on Campus.
-  Swarts, M., Gomez, P., Soza, P., Shaw, J., MacDaniel, J., Andamp; Moore, D. (2013). CLIM: An Interactive Tabletop for Landscape Modeling HCI International 2013-Posters’ Extended Abstracts (pp. 691-695): Springer.
-  Najafi, Mina, Andamp; Shariff, Mustafa Kamal Bin Mohd. (2011). The concept of place and sense of place in architectural studies. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, 56(08-24), 951-957.
-  Lounsbury, John W., Huffstetler, Beverly C., Leong, Frederick T., Andamp; Gibson, Lucy W. (2005). Sense of identity and collegiate academic achievement. Journal of College Student Development, 46(5), 501-514. doi: 10.1353/csd.2005.0051
-  UML, Retrieved from http://www.uml.org
Zamora, Paula Gómez; Grimes, Jennifer; Swarts, Matthew; "Campus Information Model: A Participatory Design Tool to Support Qualitative Decision Making", p. 39-43 . In: Proceedings of the XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Design in Freedom [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.8].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2014-0003
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação