outubro 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 13th International Symposium on Multiscale, Multifunctional and Functionally Graded Materials
Full Article - Open Access.
B4C and Fe-B Addition Influence on the Cavitation Resistance of the Plasma PTA Fe-Mn-Si Coating
The aim of this work is study the effect of the FeB and B4C addition on the microstructure and cavitation resistance of the plasma PTA Fe-Mn-Si coating. The hardness of the iron-based alloy can be increased by adding a certain amount of carbides, such as B4C and Fe-B, leading to formation of secondary phases of high hardness. Three alloys Fe-Mn-Si with B4C and FeB additions were deposited by plasma transferred arc process in AISI 304 plates. The microstructure and dilution were analyzed by optical microscope and scanning electronic microscope. Mechanical properties were analyzed by microhardness and cavitation resistance was analyzed by ultrasonic ASTM G32 indirect method. It was found thus far that the addition of boron either by adding Fe-B, such as by adding B4C caused an increase in the wettability of the alloy and consequently better deposition. We also observed a significant change in microstructure, forming higher levels of secondary phases and the formation of a hipoeutetic structure. There was also an increase of the hardness of coatings deposited with addition of boron. It was observed an increase on the cavitation resistance of the coating with FeB and B4C addition
Palavras-chave: cavitation, boron, plasma transferred arc,
-  L.L., Sheir, et.al, Corrosion: Metal/Environment Reactions vol01, 3ª edição. Butterworth Heinemann. Oxford. (1994).
-  P. March, J. Hubble, Jerry: Evaluation of Relative Cavitation Erosion Rates For Base Materials, Weld Overlays, and Coatings. Report No. WR28-1-900-282, Tennessee Valley Authority Engineering Laboratory, Norris, TN., 1996
-  Huth, Hans-Jörg, Fatigue design of hydraulic turbine runners, Trodheim, Norway 2005, 178 f., Engineering Doctor Thesis, Department of Engineering Design and Materials, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
-  AMUSHAHI, M.H.; ASHFRAFIZADEH, F.; SHAMANIAN, M. Characterization of boride-rich Hardfacing on Carbon Steel by Arc Spray and GMAW Processes, Surface and Coatings Technology, 2004, p. 2723-2728, 2010.
-  MARQUES, Paulo Villani; MODENESI, Paulo José. Soldagem I: Introdução aos Processos de Soldagem. Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, 2006.
-  NASCIMENTO, Fabiana C.; SORRILA, Flávio V.; OTUBO, Jorge; MEI, Paulo R. Stainless Shape Memory Alloys Microstructure Analysis by Optical Microscopy using differents Etchants, Acta Microscopica, 2003,1-5.
-  XIBAO, Wang. The composite Fe-Ti-B-C coatings by PTA powder surfacing process. Surf. Coat. Technol. 192(2-3) (2005) 257-262.
-  Xiaojun, Z., Procopiak, L.A.J., Souza, N.C., d’Oliveira, A.S.C.M., Phase transformation during cavitation erosion of a Co stainless steel, Materials Science and engineering A, v. 358, nº 1-2, p. 199-204, out. 2003
-  CUPPARI, M. G. Di V.; SOUZA, R.M.; SINATORA, A. Effect of hard second phase on cavitation erosion of Fe–Cr–Ni–C alloys. Second International Conference on Erosive and Abrasive Wear, Elsevier: 2004
Silveira, Luciana Leite; Pukasiewicz, Anderson Geraldo Marenda; "B4C and Fe-B Addition Influence on the Cavitation Resistance of the Plasma PTA Fe-Mn-Si Coating", p. 50-53 . In: Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on Multiscale, Multifunctional and Functionally Graded Materials [=Blucher Material Science Proceedings, v.1, n.1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-9337, DOI 10.5151/matsci-mmfgm-078-f
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação