Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
APPLICATION OF EVOLUTIONARY ALGORITHM FOR OPTIMIZATION OF THE LAYOUT OF A MULTI-BRANCHED NETWORK CONSTRUCTED WITH TRUSS-Z SYSTEM
This paper concerns with the optimization of a planar layout of the multi-branched network created with Truss-Z (TZ) linking six terminals in an environment with two rectangular obstacles. This multi-objective optimization problem has two criteria: the number of modules to be the smallest (economical optimization) and none of the modules should collide with any other objects (obstacles or other modules of the network). Although the TZ structures are three-dimensional, in this paper, the problem of planar layout of the multibranched network is considered. At first, a simple and robust backtracking-based algorithm is demonstrated. Since it finds the first allowable solution, that is a local optimum, the configuration is generated in a short time. Such a solution, however, is most likely not the best globally. Next, an evolutionary algorithm is implemented. The encoding of a planar multi- branched network of TZ, the selection method, the cost function and the genetic operations are introduced. A number of trials have been performed, and the results are briefly discussed and interpreted.
Palavras-chave: Truss-Z, modular ramp system, layout optimization, multi-branched network,
-  Zawidzki M., Nishinari K., Modular Truss-Z system for self-supporting skeletal free-form pedestrian networks, Advances in Engineering Software, vol. 47, no.1, pp. 147–159, 2012.
-  Zawidzki M. A Modular Truss System for Pedestrian Traffic and a Computer Implementation of an Algorithm for Creating the Truss Structure, in B.H.V. Topping, J.M. Adam, F.J. Pallarés, R. Bru, M.L. Romero, (Editors), Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Computational Structures Technology, Civil-Comp Press, Stirlingshire, UK, doi:10.4203/ccp.93.363, 2010.
-  Zawidzki M. Nishikawa I. Discrete optimization of modular truss network in constrained environment, Proceedings for CJK-OSM6: 6th China-Japan-Korea Joint Symposium on Optimization of Structural and Mechanical Systems, Kyoto, Japan, 2010.
-  Zawidzki M. Tiling a path with a single trapezoid along a given curve – an interactive demonstration where a trapezoidal tiling – an equivalent to the projection of the run of the truss on the XY plane is dynamically aligned. http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/TilingAPathWithASingleTrapezoidAlongAGivenCurve/
-  Zawidzki M. Tateyama K. Application of Evolution Strategy for Minimization of the Number of Modules in a Truss Branch Created with the Truss-Z System, in Tsompanakis Y, Topping BHV. (Eds), Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Soft Computing Technology in Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering, Civil-Comp Press, Stirlingshire, UK, Paper 9, doi:10.4203/ccp.97.9, 2011.
Zawidzki, M.; Nishinari, K.; "APPLICATION OF EVOLUTIONARY ALGORITHM FOR OPTIMIZATION OF THE LAYOUT OF A MULTI-BRANCHED NETWORK CONSTRUCTED WITH TRUSS-Z SYSTEM", p. 3155-3165 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19192
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação