fevereiro 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Artigo - Open Access.
ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITY AND CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF SUPERCRITICAL AND CONVENTIONAL EXTRACTS OF CINNAMON (Cinnamomum cassia)
Cinnamon is one of the most appreciated spices for flavoring food products. The objectives were to characterize cinnamon extracts and evaluate its antioxidant activities. Extraction was performed using supercritical fluid extraction (SFE), hydro-distillation (HD) and ultrasound extraction (UE). Cinnamon extract yields reached values of 8 ± 1% (w/w) for UE, 1.6 ± 0.1% (w/w) for SFE and 1.4 ± 0.3% (w/w) for HD. The antioxidant activity of extracts was evaluated by DPPH and the bleaching system β-carotene/linoleic acid (C/L). The best results of EC50 were obtained by UE with ethanol (43 μg/mL) and with water (48 μg/mL) and the best result for the C/L method was obtained by UE with ethanol (19 ± 0.2%). Total phenolic content was measured by Folin Ciocalteau method and the best result was obtained by UE with water (137 ± 29 mg GAE/g). The identification of extract compounds obtained by SFE was performed by GC analysis and the main compound identified was the cinnamic aldehyde.
-  ANDRADE, Maria Aparecida et al. Óleos essenciais de Cymbopogon nardus, Cinnamomum zeylanicume Zingiber officinale: composição, atividades antioxidante e Antibacteriana. Rev. Ciência Agro., v. 43, n. 2, 399-408. Ceará, 2012 Área temática: Engenharia e Tecnologia de Alimentos 7BENELLI, P. et al. Bioactive extracts of orange (Citrus sinensis L. Osbeck) pomace obtained by SFE and low pressure techniques: Mathematical modeling and extract composition. J. of Supercritical Fluids, 55, p. 132-14 Florianópolis, 2010.
-  CEMIM, Marilaine Aurora. Atividade antifúngica do óleo essencial extraído de Cinnamomum verum sobre Candida albicans. Rev. de Bio. e Saúde da Unisep, v. 5, n.1, 27-31. São Paulo, 201
-  KANG, H. J. et al. Studies on the development of functional powder from citrus peel. Bio.Tech., v. 97, p. 614-20, 2006.
-  MARONGIU, Bruno. et al. Supercritical CO2 Extract of Cinnamomum zeylanicum: Chemical Characterization and Antityrosinase Activity. J. of Agricultural and Food Chem., v. 55, p. 10022-10027, 2007 MATTHÄUS, B. Antioxidant activity of extracts obtained from residues of different oilseeds. J. of Agricultural and Food Chem. v. 50, p. 3444-52, 2002.
-  MENSOR, L. L. et al. Screening of Brazilian plant extracts for antioxidant activity by the use of DPPH free radical method. Phyto. Research, v. 15, p. 127-30, 2001.
-  MORAIS, Selene M. et al. Ação antioxidante de chás e condimentos de grande consumo no Brasil. Bra. J. of Pharma., v.19, p.315-320. Ceará, 2009.
-  PESCHEL, W.F. et al. An industrial approach in the search of natural antioxidants from vegetable and fruit wastes. Food Chem., 97, p.137-150, 2006.
-  SINGLETON, V. L. et al. Colorimetry of total phenolics with phosphomolybdic-phosphotungstic acid reagents. A. J. of Enology and Viticulture, v. 16, p. 144-58, 1965.
SÁ, A. G. A.; COMIM, S. R. R.; FERREIRA, S. R. S.; "ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITY AND CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF SUPERCRITICAL AND CONVENTIONAL EXTRACTS OF CINNAMON (Cinnamomum cassia)", p. 3185-3192 . In: Anais do XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química - COBEQ 2014 [= Blucher Chemical Engineering Proceedings, v.1, n.2].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/chemeng-cobeq2014-0191-26591-141017
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação