Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
AN EXPERIMENTAL APPROACH FOR CRACK IDENTIFICATION/ASSESSMENT IN PIEZOELECTRIC MATERIALS
In this work, an experimental approach for the identification of through thickness cracks in piezoelectric materials is presented, where the electric potential on the surface of the PZT elements was measured at different locations before and after the crack was introduced. A damage index (DI) was defined, based on the amount of change in electrical potential between the intact and damaged states, which was later used to develop an algorithm for identifying and assessing cracks in a PZT element under a time harmonic load. Cracks of different lengths, depths and orientation were successfully identified.
Palavras-chave: PZT, Electric potential, Cracks, Damage identification.,
-  Piezotechnology, 201
-  S. R. Anton and D. J. Inman. Reference-free damage detection using instantaneous baseline measurements. AIAA JOURNAL, 47(8):1952–1964, 2009.
-  Giurgiutiu-V. Joshi S. Cuc, A. and Z. Tidwell. Structural health monitoring with piezoelectric wafer active sensors for space applications. AIAA JOURNAL, 45(12):2838– 2850, 2007.
-  G. Hattori and A. Sáez. Damage identification in multifield materials using neural networks. Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering - to appear, 2012.
-  Simon Haykin. Neural Networks - A Comprehensive Foundation. Prentice Hall, 2nd edition, 1999.
-  J. Lee and S. Kim. Structural damage detection in the frequency domain using neural networks. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 18(8):785–792, 2007.
-  SamirMustapha, Lin Ye, DongWang, and Ye Lu. Assessment of debonding in sandwich cf/ep composite beams using a0 Lamb wave at low frequency. Composite Structures, 93(2):483–491, 2010.
-  R. Palma, G. Rus, and R. Gallego. Probabilistic inverse problem and system uncertainties for damage detection in piezoelectrics. Mechanics of Materials, 41(9):1000–1016, 2009.
-  S.B. Park and C.T. Sun. Fracture criteria for piezoelectric ceramics. Journal of American Ceramics Society, 78:1475–1480, 1995.
-  G. Rus, R. Palma, and J. L. P´erez-Aparicio. Optimal measurement setup for damage detection in piezoelectric plates. International Journal of Engineering Science, 47:554– 572, 2009.
-  Spearing S. M. Seth, S. K. and S. Constantinos. Damage detection in composite materials using Lamb wave methods. Smart Materials and Structures, 11(2):269–278, 2002.
-  Z. Su and L. Ye. Lamb wave-based quantitative identification of delamination in cf/ep composite structures using artificial neural algorithm. Composite Structures, 66(1- 4):627–637, 2004.
-  A. G. Tobin and E. Pak. Effect of electric fields on fracture behavior of pzt ceramics. In Proceedings of the Smart Structures and Materials, 1993.
-  C. Valle and J. W. Littles. Flaw localization using the reassigned spectrogram on lasergenerated and detected Lamb modes. Ultrasonics, 39(8):535–542, 2002.
-  D. Wang, L. Ye, Z. Su, Y. Lu, F. Li, and G. Meng. Probabilistic damage identification based on correlation analysis using guided wave signals in aluminum plates. Structural Health Monitoring, 9(2):133–144, 2010.
-  H. Wang and R. N. Singh. Crack propagation in piezoelectric ceramics: Effects of applied electric fields. Journal of Applied Physics, 81(11):7471–7479, 1997
Hattori, G.; Mustapha, S.; Ye, L.; Sáez, A.; "AN EXPERIMENTAL APPROACH FOR CRACK IDENTIFICATION/ASSESSMENT IN PIEZOELECTRIC MATERIALS", p. 659-668 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18052
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação