Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
A SOFTWARE TOOL FOR THE VEHICLES ATTITUDE DETERMINATION BY USING STRAP-DOWN INERTIAL TECHNIQUES
The paper deals with a software implemented method used to calculate the attitude angles and the direction cosines matrix (local horizontal frame to body frame) of a vehicle starting from the strap-down gyros readings. The tool is based on a dedicated numerical method for the integration of the attitude quaternionic Poisson equation, being realized by using the Matlab/Simulink software. The developed graphical user interfaces call an Sfunction, which implements the numerical method, and allow the user to choose one of the first six orders of the method. Firstly, the theoretical background of the attitude determination is shown, and the equations to be software implemented are extracted in discretized form. Further, the obtained graphical user interfaces are described. Subsequently, the tool validation is performed: 1) in a numerical simulation validation step, the errors for all of the first six orders of the used numerical method are estimated; and 2) in an experimental validation step the tool performances are evaluated. The obtained software tool can be used booth in numerical simulation of a strap-down inertial navigation system, but also in an aircraft postflight debriefing activities, to evaluate the roll, pitch, and yaw, attitude angles.
Palavras-chave: Strap-down inertial navigation, Attitude determination, Quaternionic Poisson equation, Software tool, Experimental validation.,
-  Ahmed, M.S., Cuk, D.V., “Strapdown Attitude Algorithms using Quaternion Transition Matrix and Random Inputs”, Scientific-Technical Review, Vol. LV, No.1, pp. 3-14, 2005.
-  Barbour, N., Hopkins, R., Kourepenis, A., Ward, P., “Inertial MEMS System Applications”, NATO RTO Lecture Series, RTO-EN-SET-116, Low-Cost Navigation Sensors and Integration Technology, March 2010.
-  Barbour, N., “Inertial Navigation Sensors”, NATO RTO Lecture Series, RTO-EN-SET- 116, Low-Cost Navigation Sensors and Integration Technology, March 2010.
-  Hopkins, R., Barbour, N., Gustafson, D.E, and Sherman, P., “Miniature Inertial and Augmentation Sensors for Integrated Inertial/GPS Based Navigation Applications”, NATO RTO Lecture Series, RTO-EN-SET-116, Low-Cost Navigation Sensors and Integration Technology, March 2010.
-  Lawrence, A., “Modern inertial technology: navigation, guidance and control”. Springer, New York, 1993.
-  Li, J., Liu, J., and Wang, B., “High Precise Attitude Algorithm for SINS”, First International Conference on Pervasive Computing, Signal Processing and Applications, China, September 17-19, pp. 636-639, 2010.
-  Lungu, R., and Grigorie, T.L., “Traductoare Accelerometrice si Girometrice”. SITECH publishing house, Craiova, Romania, 2005.
-  Radix, J.C., “Systèmes inertiels a composants lies Andlt;Andgt;”, Cepadues- Editions, Ecole Nationale Supérieure de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace SUP’AERO, Toulouse, 1993.
-  Rogers, R., “Applied Mathematics in Integrated Navigation Systems”, Published by AIAA, 2007.
-  Savage, P.G., “Strapdown Inertial Navigation”. Plymouth, MN, USA: Strapdown Associates, Inc. 1990.
-  Savage, P.G., “Strapdown Inertial Navigation Integration Algorithm Design Part 1: Attitude Algorithms”. Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 21, No. 1, Jan.- Feb., 1998.
-  Schmidt, G., “INS/GPS Technology Trends”, NATO RTO Lecture Series, RTO-EN-SET- 116, Low-Cost Navigation Sensors and Integration Technology, March 2010.
-  Titterton, D.H., “Strapdown inertial navigation technology (2nd Edition)”, Institution of Engineering and Technology, 2004.
-  Waldmann, J., “Attitude determination algorithms, computational complexity, and the accuracy of terrestrial navigation with strapdown inertial sensors”. XIV–Congresso Brasileiro de Automatica, Natal-RN, 2-5 Setembro, 2002.
-  Waldmann, J., “Relative quaternion discrete-time algorithm for terestrial navigation with strapdown inertial sensors”. XIV – Congresso Brasileiro de Automatica, Natal-RN, 2-5 Setembro 2002.
Grigorie, T. L.; "A SOFTWARE TOOL FOR THE VEHICLES ATTITUDE DETERMINATION BY USING STRAP-DOWN INERTIAL TECHNIQUES", p. 3194-3205 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19228
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação