Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
A NON-PARAMETRIC TECHNIQUE FOR AERODYNAMIC STATE IDENTIFICATION FOR FLUTTER PREDICTION
The objective of the present work is to study forms of identifying the aerodynamic states, for state space aeroelastic stability analyses in the frequency domain, using high- fidelity CFD codes in an efficient fashion. In particular, there is interest in the use of non- parametric identification techniques in order to obtain the necessary aerodynamic transfer functions from a single unsteady CFD computation. The CFD tool used is based on the 2-D Euler equations, which are discretized using a finite volume approach for unstructured grids. A centered scheme, with added artificial dissipation, is used for spatial discretization and explicit Runge-Kutta methods are employed for time marching. The work implements a single combined input method in order to simultaneously excite the aerodynamic responses in all the system natural modes and, at the same time, allow the output to be split into the contribution of each individual mode to the aerodynamic transfer function. The proposed approach is applied to a NACA 0012 airfoil-based typical section model in transonic flight. Results are compared to a previously implemented identification capability in which the aerodynamic transfer functions are computed with an unsteady simulation for each modal movement.
Palavras-chave: System identification, Aerodynamic states, Flutter prediction.,
-  Marques, A. N. and Azevedo, J. L. F., “Numerical Calculation of Impulsive and Indicial Aerodynamic Responses Using Computational Aerodynamics Techniques,” Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 45, No. 4, July–Aug. 2008, pp. 1112–1135.
-  Marques, A. N. and Azevedo, J. L. F., “A z-Transform Discrete-Time State-Space Formulation for Aeroelastic Stablity Analysis,” Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 45, No. 5, Sept.– Oct. 2008, pp. 1564–1578.
-  Raveh, D. E., “Reduced-Order Models for Nonlinear Unsteady Aerodynamics,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 39, No. 8, Aug. 2001, pp. 1414–1429.
-  Raveh, D. E., “Identification of Computational-Fluid-Dynamics Based Unsteady Aerodynamic Models for Aeroelastic Analysis,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 41, No. 3, May–June 2004, pp. 620–632.
-  Kim, T., Hong, M., Bhatia, K. G., and SenGupta, G., “Aeroelastic Model Reduction for Affordable Computational Fluid DynamicsBased Flutter Analysis,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 43, No. 12, Dec. 2005, pp. 2487–249
-  Silva, W. A., “Simultaneous Excitation of Multiple-Input/Multiple-Output CFD-Based Unsteady Aerodynamic Systems,” Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 45, No. 4, July–Aug. 2008, pp. 1267–1274.
-  Jameson, A. and Mavriplis, D., “Finite Volume Solution of the Two-Dimensional Euler Equations on a Regular Triangular Mesh,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 24, No. 4, Apr. 1986, pp. 611–618.
-  Mavriplis, D. J., “Accurate Multigrid Solution of the Euler Equations on Unstructured and Adaptative Meshes,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 28, No. 2, Feb. 1990, pp. 545–552.
-  Jameson, A., Schmidt, W., and Turkel, E., “Numerical Solution of the Euler Equations by Finite Volume Methods Using Runge-Kutta Time-Stepping Schemes,” AIAA Paper No. 81-1259, 14th AIAA Fluid and Plasma Dynamics Conference, Palo Alto, CA, June 1981.
-  Jameson, A. and Baker, T. J., “Improvements to the Aircraft Euler Method,” AIAA Paper No. 87-0452, 25th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Reno, NV, Jan. 1987.
-  Churchill, R. V., Complex Variables and Applications, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 3rd ed., 1974.
-  Brigham, E. O., The Fast Fourier Transform and its Applications, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1988.
-  Bisplinghoff, H. L., Ashley, H. L., and Halfman, R. L., Aeroelasticity, Adison-Wesley, Cambridge, MA, 1955.
-  Oliveira, L. C., A State-Space Aeroelastic Analysis Methodology Using Computational Aerodynamics Techniques, Master Thesis, Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica, São Jos´e dos Campos, SP, Brazil,
-  Davies, D. and Salmond, D. J., “Indicial Approach to Harmonic Perturbations in Transonic Flow,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 18, No. 8, Aug. 1980, pp. 1012–1014.
-  Mohr, R. W., Batina, J. T., and Yang, H. T. Y., “Mach Number Effects on Transonic Aeroelastic Forces and Flutter Characteristics,” Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 26, No. 11, Nov. 1989, pp. 1038–1046.
-  Bakhle, M. A., Mahjan, A. J., Keith, T. G., and Stefko, G. L., “Cascade Flutter Analysis with Transient Response Aerodynamics,” Computers and Structures, Vol. 41, No. 5, 1991, pp. 1073–1085.
-  Silva, W. A., “Identification of Linear and Nonlinear Aerodynamic Impulse Responses Using Digital Filter Techniques,” NASA TM-112872, NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, VA, Aug. 1997.
-  Oppenheim, A. V. and Schafer, R. W., Discrete-Time Signal Processing, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1989.
-  Marques, A. N. and Azevedo, J. L. F., “Application of CFD-Based Unsteady Forces for Efficient Aeroelastic Stability Analyses,” AIAA Paper No. 2006-0250, 44th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Reno, NV, Jan. 2006.
-  Isermann, R. and Münchhof, M., Identification of Dynamical Systems: An Introduction with Applications, Advanced Textbooks in Control and Signal Processing, Springer, 2011.
-  Hadamard, J., “R´esolution d’une Question Relative aux D´eterminants,” Bulletin des Sciences Math´ematiques, Vol. 17, 1893, pp. 240–246.
-  Sylvester, J. J., “Thoughts on Inverse Orthogonal Matrices, Simultaneous Sign Successions, and Tessellated Pavements in Two or More Colours, With Applications to Newton’s Rule, Ornamental Tile-Work, and the Theory of Numbers,” Philosophical Magazine Series 4, Vol. 34, No. 232, 1867, pp. 461–475.
-  Batina, J. T., “Unsteady Euler Airfoil Solutions Using Unstructured Dynamic Meshes,” AIAA Paper No. 89-0115, 27th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Reno, NV, Jan. 1989.
-  Thomas, P. D. and Lombard, C. K., “Geometric Conservation Law and Its Application to Flow Computations on Moving Grids,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 17, No. 10, Oct. 1979, pp. 1030–1037.
-  Kroll, N. and Jain, R. K., “Solutions of the Two-Dimensional Euler Equations – Experience with a Finite Volume Code,” DFVLR-FB, DFVLR, Braunschweig, Germany, Jan. 1987.
-  McDevitt, J. B. and Okuno, A. F., “Static and Dynamic Pressure Measurments on a NACA 0012 Airfoil in the Ames High Reynolds Number Facility,” NASA TP-2485, NASA Ames Reaserch Center, Moffett Field, CA, Feb. 1985.
-  Azevedo, J. H. A., Azevedo, J. L. F., and Silva, R. G. A., “Efficient Calculation of Aerodynamic States for Aeroelastic Analyses in the Frequency Domain,” AIAA Paper No. 2012-1716, 53rd Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials and Co-located Conferences, Honolulu, HI, Apr. 2012.
-  Eversman, W. and Tewari, A., “Consistent Rational-Function Approximation for Unsteady Aerodynamics,” Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 28, No. 9, Sept. 1991, pp. 545–552.
Azevedo, J. H. A.; Azevedo, J. L. F.; Silva, R. G. A.; "A NON-PARAMETRIC TECHNIQUE FOR AERODYNAMIC STATE IDENTIFICATION FOR FLUTTER PREDICTION", p. 2175-2194 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18743
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação