Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
A MANUFACTURED SOLUTION TO TEST A CODE THAT SIMULATES A COMPRESSIBLE FLOWWITH SHOCK WAVES
A numerical code aiming to simulate two-dimentional compressible flow, modeled by Euler equations with immersed boundaries, was submitted on a verification test using the Method of Manufactured Solutions. The code was developed to study computational aeroelasticity - flutter analysis by means of forced oscillations on the NACA 0012 airfoil section modeled by the Immersed Boundary Method. Finite Difference scheme using Steger-Warming method of second order of accuracy to the spatial discretization and a Runge-Kutta method of fourth order of accuracy to the time discretization were used. It was created a manufactured solution that mimics a compressible flow with presence of shock waves. The numerical code was submitted by a Mesh Refinement Test and a systematic analysis of actual order of accuracy was performed. The results indicated that the code was free of programming errors and the Method of Manufactured Solutions was a good tool for debugging the code.
Palavras-chave: Method of Manufactured Solutions, shock waves, Immersed Boundary Method.,
-  Cesar Augusto Buonomo. T´ecnica de fronteiras imersas com formulac¸ ão viscosa e compress ´ivel. Master’s thesis, Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica, 2004.
-  Clarence O. E. Burg and Vasanth K.Murali. Efficient code verification using the residual formulation of the method of manufactured solutions. pages 1–13. 34th AIAA Fluid Dynamics Conference, 2004.
-  H. G. da Silva, L. F. Souza, and M. A. F. Medeiros. Verification of a mixed highorder accurate dns code for laminar turbulent trasition by the method of manufactured solutions. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 64:336–354, 2010.
-  Jos´e Larcio Doricio. Estudo da aplicabilidade do m´etodo de fronteira imersa no cálculo de derivadas de Flutter com as equa¸c˜oes de Euler para fluxo compress´ivel. PhD thesis, Escola de Engenharia de So Carlos - USP, 2009.
-  M. N. Linnick and H. F. Fasel. A high-order immersed boundary method for unsteady incompressible flow calculations. AIAA 2003-1124, 2003.
-  Charles S. Peskin. Flow Patterns around Heart Valves: A digital computer method to solve the equations of motion. PhD thesis, Albert Eistein College of Medicine, 1972.
-  Christopher J. Roy. Review of code and solution verification procedures for computational simulation. Journal of Computational Physics, 205:131–156, 2005.
-  Stefan Schreier. Compressible Flow. John Wiley Andamp; Sons, 1982.
-  J. L. Steger and R. F. Warming. Flux vector splitting of the inviscid gasdynamic equations with application to finite-difference methods. Journal of Computational Physics, 40(2):263–293, 1981.
-  T. Ye, R. Mittal, H. S. Udaykumar, and W. Shyy. Incompressible flows with complex immersed boundaries. Journal of Computational Physics, 156:209–240, 1999.
Doricio, J. L.; Silva, H. Ghioti da; "A MANUFACTURED SOLUTION TO TEST A CODE THAT SIMULATES A COMPRESSIBLE FLOWWITH SHOCK WAVES", p. 750-761 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18109
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação